Statechart-based HW/SW-codesign of a multi-FPGA-board and a microprocessor
The codesign of hardware and software is an up-to-date issue. For increasing network data rates high performance communication subsystems are needed. This paper discusses an approach of a semiautomated HW/SW-implementation using a microprocessor and an FPGA-based flexible hardware platform. Moreover, an increasing productivity in implementing such systems efficiently and correctly is needed. Therefore, the semi-automated approach is applied to an implementation of a modern communication protocol on the flexible platform.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Abbott, M., Peterson, L.: Increasing Network Throughput by Integrated Protocol Layers. IEEE/ACM Transactions on networking, Vol. 1, No. 5 (1993)Google Scholar
- 2.Henke, R., König, H., Mitschele-Thiel, A.: Derivation of Efficient Implementations from SDL Specifications Employing Data Referencing. Integrated Packet Framing and Activity Threads. Eighth SDL Forum, North-Holland (1997)Google Scholar
- 3.Carle, G., Schiller, J.: High-Performance Implementation of Protocols using Cell-Based Error Control Mechanisms for ATM Networks (in German). GI Fachtagung Kommunikation in verteilten Systemen (KiVS), Braunschweig, Germany (1997)Google Scholar
- 4.Harel, D.: Statecharts: a Visual Formalism for Complex Systems. Science of Computer Programming, Vol. 8, August 1987Google Scholar
- 5.Buchenrieder, K., Pyttel, A., Veith, C.: Mapping Statechart Models onto an FPGA-Based ASIP Architecture. Euro-DAC96, Geneva, Swizzerland (1996)Google Scholar
- 6.Braun, T.: A parallel Transport Subsystem for cell-based high-speed Networks (in German). Dissertation, University of Karlsruhe (1993)Google Scholar
- 7.Statemate Magnum Reference Manual. i-Logix Inc., Andover, USA (1997)Google Scholar
- 8.Speedchart Reference Manual. Speed Electronic Inc., Swizzerland (1996)Google Scholar