Ada in the JAS 39 Gripen flight control system
The positive experiences from the usage of Ada in a safety critical flight control system are described in this paper. It states that preemptive scheduling implemented with tasking, can be combined with high requirements on reliability and a deterministic behaviour. How data consistency has been obtained between the periodic tasks is outlined. Also the exception handling in the system is mentioned.
KeywordsFlight control system Safety critical Tasking Exception handling Data consistency Preemptive scheduling
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.SPARK-The SPADE Ada Kernel, Edition 3.1, Program Validation Ltd., May 1992.Google Scholar
- 2.Ada 95 Language Reference Manual, International Standard ISO/IEC-8652:1995.Google Scholar
- 3.L. Sha and J. B. Goodenough, Real-Time Scheduling Theory and Ada, IEEE Computer, Apr., 1990.Google Scholar
- 4.M. H. Klein, J. P. Lehoczky and R Rajkumar, Rate-Monotonic Analysis for Real-Time Industrial Computing, IEEE Computer, Jan., 1994.Google Scholar
- 5.ARIANE 5, Flight 501 Failure, Report by the Inquiry Board, Paris, 19 July 1996.Google Scholar
- 6.D. Folkesson, Principles for Real-Time Execution in Swedish Avionics Systems (in Swedish), SNART 2nd Conference on Real Time Systems in Stockholm 1993.Google Scholar