The Z/EVES system
We describe the Z/EVES system, which allows Z specifications to be analysed in a number of different ways. Among the significant features of Z/EVES are domain checking, which ensures that a specification is meaningful, and a theorem prover that includes a decision procedure for simple arithmetic and a heuristic rewriting mechanism that recognizes “obvious” facts.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. P. Bowen and M. J. C. Gordon. Z and HOL. In Bowen and Hall (eds.) Z Users Workshop, Springer Verlag Workshops in Computing, 1994.Google Scholar
- 2.D. Craigen, S. Kromodimoeljo, I. Meisels, W. Pase and M. Saaltink. EVES: An Overview. In Proceedings of VDM '91 (Formal Software Development Methods), Noordwijkerhout, The Netherlands (October 1991), Lecture Notes in Computer Science 551, Springer Verlag, Berlin, 1991.Google Scholar
- 3.Kolyang, T. Santen, and B. Wolff. A Structure Preserving Encoding of Z in Isabelle/HOL. In J. von Wright, J. Grundy, and J. Harrison (eds.), Theorem Proving in Higher Order Logics — 9th International Conference, Lecture Notes in Computer Science 1125, Springer Verlag, 1996.Google Scholar
- 4.Sentot Kromodimoeljo, Bill Pase, Mark Saaltink, Dan Craigen and Irwin Meisels. The EVES System. In Functional Programming, Concurrency, Simulation and Automated Reasoning, Lecture Notes in Computer Science 693, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1993.Google Scholar
- 5.Irwin Meisels and Mark Saaltink. The Z/EVES Reference Manual. ORA Canada Technical Report TR-96-5493-03b, 1996.Google Scholar
- 6.Greg Nelson and Derek C. Oppen. Simplification by Cooperating Decision Procedures. ACM Transactions on Programming Languages and Systems, Vol. 1, No. 2, October 1979, 245–257.Google Scholar
- 7.Ben Potter, Jane Sinclair, and David Till. An Introduction to Formal Specification and Z. Prentice Hall, 1991.Google Scholar
- 8.J. M. Spivey. The Z Notation: A Reference Manual, Second Edition. Prentice Hall, 1992.Google Scholar
- 9.J. M. Spivey. The fuzz Manual, Second Edition. J. M. Spivey Computing Science Consultancy, May 1993.Google Scholar