A digital signature scheme based on random error-correcting codes
Over the past years there have been few attempts to construct digital signature schemes based on the intractability of the decoding of linear error-correcting codes. Unfortunately all these attempts failed. In this paper we suggest a new approach based on a seemingly unknown before fact that the set of correctable syndroms being nonlinear nevertheless contains a rather large linear subspace.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.W. Xinmei, “Digital signature scheme based on error-correcting codes”, Electronic letters, 26 (13), 1990, pp. 898–899.Google Scholar
- 2.L. Harh and D.-C. Wang, “Cryptoanalysis and modification of digital signature scheme based on error-correcting codes”, Electronic letters, 28 (2), 1992, pp. 157–159.Google Scholar
- 3.M. Alabbadi and S.B. Wicker, “Cryptoanalysis of the Ham and Wang modification of the Xinmei digital signature scheme”, Electronic letters, 28 (18), 1992, pp. 1756–1758.Google Scholar
- 4.M. Alabbadi and S.B. Wicker, “Digital signature scheme based on error-correcting codes”, Proceedings 1993 IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory, San Antonio, USA, 1993, pp. 199.Google Scholar
- 5.M. Alabbadi and S.B. Wicker “Susceptibility of digital signature scheme based on error-correcting codes to universal forgery”, Proceedings 1994 IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory, Trondheim, Norway, 1994, pp. 494.Google Scholar
- 6.R.J. McEliece, A public-key cryptosystem based on algebraic coding theory, DSN Prog. Report, JPL, 1978, pp. 114-116.Google Scholar
- 7.H. Niederreiter, “Knapsack-type cryptosystems and algebraic coding theory”, Probl Control and Information Theory, 1986, pp. 157–166.Google Scholar
- 10.V.M. Sidelnikov and S.O. Shestakov, “On insecurity of cryptosystem based on generalized Reed-Solomon codes”, Discrete Mathematics, Vol. 4, 1992, pp. 57–63.Google Scholar
- 11.Lehmer, Applied Combinatorial Mathematics.Google Scholar
- 13.F.J. MacWilliams and N.J.A. Sloane, The Theory of Error-Correcting Codes, Amsterdam: North-Holland, 1977.Google Scholar
- 14.J. Stern, A new identification scheme based on syndrome decoding, Proc. Crypto'93, D. Stinson (Ed.), Springer-Verlag, 1994, pp 13–21.Google Scholar