Part of the Lecture Notes in Computer Science book series (LNCS, volume 182)
Distributed termination in CSP symmetric solutions with minimal storage
Symmetric solutions to the distributed termination problem in CSP with bounded space are proposed. The storage requirements are proved to be minimal.
KeywordsSymmetric Solution Detection Communication Full Cycle Boolean Expression Detection Wave
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [AR]APT, K.R. and RICHIER, J-L., Real time clocks versus virtual clocks, Proc. International Summer School Control Flow and Data Flow, Concepts of Distributed Programming, Marktoberdorff, 1984.Google Scholar
- [B]BOUGE, L. The election problem in CSP, Tech. Report 84-31, L.I.T.P., Université Paris 7, Paris, 1984.Google Scholar
- [CL]COHEN, S. and LEHMANN, D., Dynamic systems, their distributed termination and deadlock detection, in: Proc. Symp. on Principles of Distributed Computing, Ottawa, pp 29–33, 1982.Google Scholar
- [DFG]DIJKSTRA, E.W., FEIJEN, W.H. and van GASTEREN, A.J.M., Derivation of a termination detection algorithm for distributed computations, Inform. Processing Letters, 16, 5, pp 217–219, 1983.Google Scholar
- [DS]DIJKSTRA, E.W. and SCHOLTEN, C. S., Termination detection for diffusing computations, Inform. Processing Letters, 11, 1, pp 1–4, 1980.Google Scholar
- [F]FRANCEZ, N., Distributed termination, ACM-TOPLAS, 2, 1, pp 42–55, 1980.Google Scholar
- [FR]FRANCEZ, N. and RODEH, M., Achieving distributed termination without freezing, IEEE Trans. Soft. Eng., SE-8, 3, pp 287–292, 1982.Google Scholar
- [FRS]FRANCEZ, N., RODEH, M. and SINTZOFF, M., Distributed termination with interval assertions, Proc. Int. Colloq. Formalization of Programming Concepts, Peniscola, Spain, April 1981, Lecture Notes in Comp. Science vol 107, 1981.Google Scholar
- [G]GOUDA, M.G., Distributed state exploration for protocol validation, Tech. Report 185, Dept of Computer Science, University of Texas at Austin, 1981.Google Scholar
- [H]HOARE, C.A.R., Communicating sequential processes, CACM 21, 8, pp 666–677, 1978.Google Scholar
- [L]LAMPORT, L., An assertional correctness proof of a distributed algorithm, Science of Computer Programming, 11, 3, pp 175–206, 1983.Google Scholar
- [LR]LEHMANN, D. and RABIN, M. O., On the advantages of free choice: A symmetric and fully distributed solution to the dining philosophers problem, Proc. of the 8th Annual ACM Symp. on POPL, Williamsburg, Virginia, January 1981.Google Scholar
- [Lo]LOZINSKII, E.L., Yet another distributed termination, Tech. Report 84–2, Dept. of Computer Science, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, 1984.Google Scholar
- [M]MISRA, J., Detecting termination of distributed computations using markers, in: Proc. 2nd Annual Symp. on Principles of Distributed Computing, Quebec, pp 290–294, 1983.Google Scholar
- [MC]MISRA, J. and CHANDY, K.M., Termination detection of diffusing computation in communicating sequential processes, ACM-TOPLAS, 4, 1, pp 37–43, 1982.Google Scholar
- [R]RANA, S.P. A distributed solution of the distributed termination problem, Inform. Processing Letters, 17, 1, pp 43–46, 1983.Google Scholar
- [T]TOPOR, R.W., Termination detection for distributed computations, Inform. Processing Letters, 18, 1, pp 33–36, 1984.Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 1984