CLaX — A visualized compiler
The CLaX compiler was developed in the project Compare as reconfigurable demonstration compiler. Its various optimization phases are visualized and animated by the graph layout tool VCG. Visualization allows to understand and to improve the behavior of the algorithms of the compiler phases. We present a tour through the CLaX compiler and demonstrate the newest extensions of the VCG tool, that help to explore large compiler data structures.
- 1.Alt, M.; Aßmann, U.; Someren, H.: Compiler Phase Embedding with the CoSy Compiler Model, in Fritzson, P.A., editor: Compiler Construction, Proc. 5th International Conference CC'94, Lecture Notes in Computer Science 786, pp. 278–293, Springer-Verlag, 1994Google Scholar
- 2.Frick, A.; Ludwig, A.; Mehldau, H.: A Fast Adaptive Layout Algorithm for Undirected Graphs, in Tamassia, R.; Tollis, I.G., editors: Graph Drawing, Proc. DIMACS International Workshop GD'94, Lecture Notes in Computer Science 894, pp. 388–403, Springer-Verlag, 1995.Google Scholar
- 3.Müller, T.; Vollmer, J.: Description of the CoSy prototype, Compare Technical Report, Rel 1.3, GMD Karlsruhe, 1991Google Scholar
- 4.Sander, G.: Graph Layout Through the VCG Tool, in Tamassia, R.; Tollis, I.G., editors: Graph Drawing, Proc. DIMACS International Workshop GD'94, Lecture Notes in Computer Science 894, pp. 194–205, Springer-Verlag, 1995. The VCG tool is publicly available via http.//www.cs.uni-sb.de:80/RW/users/sander/html/gsvcgl.html.Google Scholar
- 6.Sugiyama, K., Tagawa, S., Toda, M.: Methods for Visual Understanding of Hierarchical Systems, IEEE Trans. Sys., Man, and Cybernetics, SMC 11(2), pp. 109–125, 1981.Google Scholar
- 7.Wilhelm, R.; Maurer, D.: Compiler Design, Addison-Wesley, 1995.Google Scholar