UPPAAL — a tool suite for automatic verification of real-time systems
Uppaal is a tool suite for automatic verification of safety and bounded liveness properties of real-time systems modeled as networks of timed automata. It includes: a graphical interface that supports graphical and textual representations of networks of timed automata, and automatic transformation from graphical representations to textual format, a compiler that transforms a certain class of linear hybrid systems to networks of timed automata, and a model-checker which is implemented based on constraint-solving techniques. Uppaal also supports diagnostic model-checking providing diagnostic information in case verification of a particular real-time systems fails.
The current version of Uppaal is available on the World Wide Web via the Uppaal home page http://www.docs.uu.se/docs/rtmv/uppaal.
KeywordsData Variable Variable Assignment Atomic Clock Hybrid Automaton Automatic Verification
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Martin Abadi and Leslie Lamport. An Old-Fashioned Recipe for Real Time. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 600, 1993.Google Scholar
- 2.R. Alur and D. Dill. Automata for Modelling Real-Time Systems. In Proc. of ICALP'90, volume 443, 1990.Google Scholar
- 3.D. Bosscher, I. Polak, and F. Vaandrager. Verification of an Audio-Control Protocol. In Proc. of FTRTFT'94, volume 863 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 1993.Google Scholar
- 4.Pei-Hsin Ho and Howard Wong-Toi. Automated Analysis of an Audio Control Protocol. In Proc. of CAV'95, volume 939 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science. Springer Verlag, 1995.Google Scholar
- 5.F. Laroussinie and K.G. Larsen. Compositional Model Checking of Real Time Systems. In Proc. of CONCUR'95, Lecture Notes in Computer Science. Springer Verlag, 1995.Google Scholar
- 6.K.G. Larsen, P. Pettersson, and W. Yi. Compositional and Symbolic Model-Checking of Real-Time Systems. To appear in Proc. of the 16th IEEE Real-Time Systems Symposium, December 1995.Google Scholar
- 7.Kim G. Larsen, Paul Pettersson, and Wang Yi. Diagnostic Model-Checking for Real-Time Systems. In Proc. of the 4th DIMACS Workshop on Verification and Control of Hybrid Systems, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, October 1995.Google Scholar
- 8.Kim G. Larsen, Paul Pettersson, and Wang Yi. Model-Checking for Real-Time Systems. In Proc. of Fundamentals of Computation Theory, 1995.Google Scholar
- 9.A. Olivero, J. Sifakis, and S. Yovine. Using Abstractions for the Verification of Linear Hybrids Systems. In Proc. of CAV'94, volume 818 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 1994.Google Scholar
- 10.N. Shankar. Verification of Real-Time Systems Using PVS. In Proc. of CAV'93., volume 697, 1993.Google Scholar
- 11.C.E. Leiserson T.H. Cormen and R.L. Rives. Introduction to ALGORITHMS. MIT Press, McGraw-Hil, 1990.Google Scholar
- 12.Mihalis Yannakakis and David Lee. An efficient algorithm for minimizing real-time transition systems. In Proceedings of CAV'93, volume 697 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pages 210–224, 1993.Google Scholar
- 13.Wang Yi, Paul Pettersson, and Mats Daniels. Autfomatic Verification of Real-Time Communicating Systems By Constraint-Solving. In Proc. of the 7th International Conference on Formal Description Techniques, 1994.Google Scholar