How mature is your software process?
We describe how a study of the SEI's Capability Maturity Model led us to change the structure and content of a project-intensive introductory graduate course sequence in software engineering. A brief review of the Capability Model is followed by an assessment of our software process as it previously existed. We then present some of the changes that were introduced and how they seem to have benefited the students.
KeywordsSoftware Engineering Software Process Software Process Improvement Capability Maturity Model Software Engineer Institute
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Humphrey90]Humphrey, Watts S. Managing the Software Process. Reading, Mass.: Addison-Wesley.Google Scholar
- [Olson93]Olson, Dave. Exploiting Chaos: Cashing in on the Realities of Software Development. New York: Van Nostrand Reinhold.Google Scholar
- [Paulk93a]Paulk, Mark C., et al. Capability Maturity Model for Software, Version 1.1, Software Engineering Institute, CMU/SEI-93-TR-24, February 1993.Google Scholar
- [Paulk93b]Paulk, Mark C., et al. Key Practices of the Capability Maturity Model, Software Engineering Institute, CMU/SEI-93-TR-25, February 1993.Google Scholar
- [Tomayko87]Tomayko, James E. Teaching a Project-Intensive Introduction to Software Engineering, Software Engineering Institute, CMU/SEI-87-TR-20.Google Scholar
- [Weinberg92]Weinberg, Gerald M. Quality Software Management. New York: Dorset House.Google Scholar