Part of the Lecture Notes in Computer Science book series (LNCS, volume 1057)
Fundamental techniques for order optimization
This paper briefly describes some of the novel techniques used by the query optimizer of IBM's DB2 to process and optimize the way order requirements are satisfied.
KeywordsInput Stream Order Property Query Optimizer Paper Briefly Dataflow Graph
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- C. Beeri and P. Bernstein. Computational problems related to the design of normal form relational schemas. In ACM Transactions on Database Systems, March 1979.Google Scholar
- H. Darwen and C. Date. The role of functional dependencies in query decomposition. In Relational Database Writings 1989–1991. Addison Wesley, 1992.Google Scholar
- G. Graefe. Query evaluation techniques for large databases. In ACM Computing Surveys, June 1993.Google Scholar
- G. Graefe and D. DeWitt. The exodus optimizer generator. In Proc. of the 1987 SIGMOD Conf., June 1987.Google Scholar
- G. Lohman. Grammar-like functional rules for representing query optimization alternatives. In Proc. of the 1988 SIGMOD Conf., June 1988.Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 1996