Augmenting Ada95 with additional real-time features
The purpose of this paper is to present several additions to Ada95 which improve real-time properties of the language. In detail, we introduce a new kind of loops, so-called discrete loops, we show that recursion can be used for real-time applications without harm, if a few conditions are met, and we present an approach how the interface of a class can be augmented by information concerning the worst-case time and space behavior.
KeywordsRecursive Call Recursive Procedure Remainder Function General Loop Primitive Operation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Ada95]ISO/IEC 8652. Ada Reference manual, 1995.Google Scholar
- [BB95]Johann Blieberger and Bernd Burgstaller. The role of GNAT within project WOOP. GNAT Workshop, Ada-Europe'95, 1995.Google Scholar
- [BL94]Johann Blieberger and Roland Lieger. Worst-case space and time complexity of recursive procedures. Real-Time Systems, 1994. (to appear).Google Scholar
- [BL95]Johann Blieberger and Roland Lieger. Real-time recursive procedures. In Proceedings of the 7th EUROMICRO Workshop on Real-Time Systems, pages 229–235, Odense, 1995.Google Scholar
- [Bli94]Johann Blieberger. Discrete loops and worst case performance. Computer Languages, 20(3):193–212, 1994.Google Scholar
- [Bli95]Johann Blieberger. Timing analysis of object-oriented real-time programs. (submitted), 1995.Google Scholar
- [HS91]Wolfgang A. Halang and Alexander D. Stoyenko. Constructing predictable real time systems. Kluwer Academic Publishers, Boston, 1991.Google Scholar
- [Meh84]Kurt Mehlhorn. Sorting and Searching, volume 1 of Data Structures and Algorithms. Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1984.Google Scholar
- [Par93]Chang Yun Park. Predicting program execution times by analyzing static and dynamic program paths. The Journal of Real-Time Systems, 5:31–62, 1993.Google Scholar
- [PK89]Peter Puschner and Christian Koza. Calculating the maximum execution time of real-time programs. The Journal of Real-Time Systems, 1:159–176, 1989.Google Scholar
- [Rat95]Intermetrics, Inc. Ada95 Rationale, 1995.Google Scholar
- [SB94]E. Schonberg and B. Banner. The GNAT project: A GNU-Ada9X compiler. In Conference Proceedings of TRI-Ada 94, 1994.Google Scholar