Formalisation of properties for feature interaction detection: Experience in a real-life situation
This paper reports on ongoing work on a formal approach to the detection of feature interactions between IN-type features. These features have been implemented on top of an IN architecture which is close to the “real” world. The approach contains several threads: a description of an ideal interaction tool, a specific SDL model for the architecture, a proposal for a formal language to describe properties of features, and observations, on how to put this property language to use.
KeywordsFeature Interaction Service Logic Service Execution Behavior Description Service Creation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L.G. Bouma, J.H. Zuidweg. Formal analysis of feature interactions by model checking. In: Proceedings of the Second Workshop on Protocol Verification, Eindhoven, The Netherlands, 1993.Google Scholar
- 2.V. Gay, P. Leydekkers, R. Huis in 't Veld. Specification of Audio/Video Exchange Based on the Reference Model of ODP. In: Proceedings Broadband Islands '94, June 1994.Google Scholar
- 3.J. Bloem, Glenn Flinchbaugh, H. Oshigiri. Connection Management Architecture. TINA Document, December 1993.Google Scholar
- 4.P. Tilanus and H. Wilts. Test Design based on SDL simulation. In: SDL'91 Evolving Methods, (O. Færgemand, R. Reed editors), North Holland, 1991.Google Scholar
- 5.CCITT, New Recommendations Q1200 — Q series: Intelligent Network Recommendation. Technical report, CCITT, COM XI-R 210-E, 1992.Google Scholar
- 6.N. Griffith, H. Velthuijsen. The Negotiating Agents Approach to Runtime Feature Interaction Resolution. In: L.G. Bouma and H. Velthuijsen, editors, Feature Interactions in Telecommunictions Systems. IOS Press, 1994.Google Scholar
- 7.E.J. Cameron, N. Griffith, Y.-J. Lin, M.E. Nilson, W.K. Schnure, and H. Velthuijsen. A feature interaction benchmark for IN and beyond. In L.G. Bouma and H. Velthuijsen, editors, Feature Interactions in Telecommunictions Systems. IOS Press, 1994.Google Scholar
- 8.R. de Nicola and F. Vaandrager. Action versus state based logics for transition systems. In I. Guessarian, editor, Semantics of Concurrency, pages 407–419. Springer Verlag, LNCS 469, 1990.Google Scholar
- 9.C.A. Middelburg. A simple language for expressing properties of telecommunication services and features. Technical Report 94-PU-356, PTT Research, 1994.Google Scholar