A sound and complete HOARE axiomatization of the ADA-rendezvous
A HOARE-axiomatization is constructed for the ADA rendezvous, embedded in a subset of the ADA concurrency section. The well-known CSP proof system of Apt, Francez and de Roever is taken as a starting point. We prove the axiomatization to be sound and relatively complete.
KeywordsAuxiliary Variable Formation Rule Proof System Proof Outline Proof Rule
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Apt81a]Apt, K.: Formal Justification of a Proof System for Communicating Sequential Processes. to appearGoogle Scholar
- [ARM81]The Programming Language ADA. Reference manual. LNCS 106, Springer Verlag, New York, 1981.Google Scholar
- [BM81]Barringer, H., I.Mearns: Axioms and Proof Rules for ADA Tasks. Technical report, Dept. of Computer Science, University of Manchester, 1981.Google Scholar
- [Fra82]Francez, N., E.M.Clarke, C.Nikolaou: Extended Naming Conventions for Communicating Processes and their Proof Rules. Proc. 9th Symp. on POPL, 1982.Google Scholar
- [Ger81]Gerth, R.: A Proof System for a Subset of the Concurrency Section of ADA. Technical report RUU-CS-81-17, Dept. of Computer Science, University of Utrecht, 1981.Google Scholar
- [Ger82a]Gerth, R., W.P. de Roever, M. Roncken: Procedures and Concurrency: A Study in Proof. Proc. Vth International Symposium on Programming, Turijn, 1982.Google Scholar
- [Ger82b]Gerth, R.: A Sound and Complete Hoare Axiomatization of the ADA Rendezvous. Technical report, Dept. of Computer Science, University of Utrecht, 1982.Google Scholar
- [PR82]Pnueli, A., W.P. de Roever: Fairness in the programming language ADA. Technical report, Dept. of Computer Science, Weizmann Instute, Israel, 1982.Google Scholar
- [Ron81]Roncken, M., R.Gerth, W.P. de Roever: A Proof System for Brinch Hansen's Distributed Processes. Proc. GI81 München, 1981.Google Scholar