Intelligent Threshold Prediction for Hybrid Mesh Segmentation Through Artificial Neural Network
Accurate and reliable Area deviation factor (threshold) is one of the decisive factors in hybrid mesh segmentation. Inadequate threshold leads to under-segmentation or over-segmentation. Setting the optimal threshold is a difficult task for a layman. This proposed method, automatically predicts the threshold using artificial neural networks (ANN). ANN predicts the threshold by considering mesh quality of Computer-Aided Design (CAD) mesh model as input feature vectors. Extensive testing on benchmark test cases validates ANN prediction model, and based on Levenberg-Marquardt back propagation (LM-BP) improves the accuracy and stability of prediction. The efficacy of the approach is quantified by measuring coverage. The ANN predicts the threshold elegantly using LM-BP algorithm with coverage for hybrid mesh segmentation greater than 95%. The novelty of the proposed method lies in the “mesh quality”-based threshold prediction through ANN. The predicted threshold finds application in automatic feature recognition from CAD mesh model using hybrid mesh segmentation.
KeywordsArtificial neural network CAD mesh model Feature recognition Hybrid mesh segmentation Threshold prediction
Authors are grateful to Dr. V. D. Wakchaure and Dr. P. J. Pawar for their constructive, thoughtful suggestions that helped to improve the manuscript.
- 6.Hase, V.J., Bhalerao, Y.J., Verma, S., Jadhav, S., Vikhe Patil, G.J.: Complex hole recognition from CAD mesh models. Int. J. Manag. Technol. Eng. 8(IX), 1102–1119 (2018)Google Scholar
- 7.Hase, V.J., Bhalerao, Y.J., Verma, S., Wakchaure, V.D., Vikhe, G.J.: Intelligent threshold prediction in hybrid mesh segmentation using machine learning classifiers. Int. J. Manag. Technol. Eng. 8(IX), 1426–1442 (2018)Google Scholar
- 8.Ye, Z., Kim, M.K.: Predicting electricity consumption in a building using an optimized back-propagation and Levenberg–Marquardt back-propagation neural network: case study of a shopping mall in China. Sustain. Cities Soc. 42, 176–183 (2018)Google Scholar
- 9.Chatterjee, S., Datta, B., Sen, S., Dey, N., Debnath, N.C.: Rainfall prediction using hybrid neural network approach. In: 2nd International Conference on Recent Advances in Signal Processing, pp. 67–72. Telecommunications and Computing, SIGTELCOM, Janua (2018)Google Scholar
- 17.Esfandani, M.A., Nematzadeh, H.: Prediction of air pollution in Tehran based on evolutionary models. Indian J. Sci. Technol. 8(35) (2015)Google Scholar
- 21.National Design Repository, Drexel University. http://edge.cs.drexel.edu/repository/. Last Accessed 05 Aug 2018