Issues and Challenges in Transportation
- 276 Downloads
Dynamics of society directly influence the demands for transportation. This paper elaborates this subject for the rail industry in the Netherlands. The paper explains how the market needs to continuously change the rail industry in the Netherlands and describes the current challenges for delivering world-class services for the rail operation.
KeywordsRailways Systems integration Operations
- Concession and Transport Plan for the Main Rail Network. (2015–2025). see https://www.ns.nl/en/about-ns/railway-sector/concession-and-transport-plan.html.
- NS Annual Report. (2017). See https://www.nsannualreport.nl.
- ProRail Annual Report. (2017). See https://www.prorail.nl/over-prorail/jaarverslagen.
- Rajabalinejad, M. (2018). System integration: Challenges and opportunities for rail transport. In 13th System of Systems Engineering Conference IEEE.Google Scholar
- van Dongen, L. A. M. (2015a). Through-life engineering services: The nedtrain case. In L. Redding & R. Roy (Eds.), Through-life engineering services: Motivation, theory, and practice. Decision engineering (pp. 29–51). Springer. ISBN 9783319121109.Google Scholar
- van Dongen, L. A. M. (2015b). Asset management: A maintenance engineers view. International Journal of Performability Engineering 11(2), 181–197. ISSN 0973-1318.Google Scholar