Theoretical Analysis of BER Performance for Asynchronous FBMC Based Multi-cellular Networks with Non Linear Distortions
In this paper, we present a theoretical analysis of bit error rate (BER) for asynchronous filter bank multicarrier (FBMC) based multi-cellular networks in the presence of high power amplifiers (HPA) nonlinear distortion (NLD). A promising class of FBMC modulation called Cosine Modulated Multitone (CMT) is considered and the analytical BER is derived based on the signal to interference plus noise ratio (SINR) of a cellular network consisting of one reference mobile user (MU), one reference base station (BS) and K interfering BSs. The proposed model is evaluated and it is found in very good agreement with simulation results.
KeywordsMulti-cellular networks Filter bank multicarrier Timing offset HPA NLD Signal to interference plus noise ratio Bit error rate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Farhang-Boroujeny, B., (George) Yuen, C.: Cosine modulated and offset qam filter bank multicarrier techniques: A continuous-time prospect. EURASIP Journal on Applied Signal Processing, Article ID 165654 (2010) 16 pagesGoogle Scholar
- 4.Sourck, H., Wu, Y., Bergmans, J., Sadri, S., Farhang-Boroujeny, B.: Effect of carrier frequency offset on offset qam multicarrier filter bank systems over frequency-selective channels. In: 2010 IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC), pp. 1–6, April 2010Google Scholar
- 5.Fusco, T., Petrella, A., Tanda, M.: Sensitivity of multi-user filter-bank multicarrier systems to synchronization errors. In: 3rd International Symposium on Communications, Control and Signal Processing, pp. 393–398, March 2008Google Scholar
- 9.Dohl, J., Fettweis, G.: Iterative blind estimation of nonlinear channels. In: 2014 IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing (ICASSP), pp. 3923–3927, May 2014Google Scholar
- 10.Bouhadda, H., et al.: Theoretical analysis of ber performance of nonlinearly amplified fbmc/oqam and ofdm signals. EURASIP Journal on Advances in Signal Processing 2014(1) (2014)Google Scholar
- 11.Bellanger, M.: Specification and design of a prototype filter for filter bank based multicarrier transmission. In: 2001 IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing, Proceedings, (ICASSP 2001), vol. 4, pp. 2417–2420 (2001)Google Scholar
Open Access This chapter is licensed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 International License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/2.5/), which permits any noncommercial use, sharing, adaptation, distribution and reproduction in any medium or format, as long as you give appropriate credit to the original author(s) and the source, provide a link to the Creative Commons license and indicate if changes were made.
The images or other third party material in this chapter are included in the chapter's Creative Commons license, unless indicated otherwise in a credit line to the material. If material is not included in the chapter's Creative Commons license and your intended use is not permitted by statutory regulation or exceeds the permitted use, you will need to obtain permission directly from the copyright holder.