Frequency-Domain Analysis and Design of a TCP Flow Controller Using the AQM Mechanism
In this article, we develop an Active Queue Management (AQM) mechanism for optimizing data traffic within the router, initially, we determine a linear model of TCP network around the operating point, secondly, based on a geometric method and taking into account the communication delay, we synthesize a state feedback controller acting on the probability of packet loss. Finally, we test the validity of our approach through simulations.
KeywordsFrequency-Domain Congestion control TCP network AQM mechanisms
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Alami, N.E., Ellaia, R., Lefrouni, K.: State feedback controller and observer design for TCP network with consideration of UDP flow. Journal of Theoretical and Applied Information Technology 55(1), 14 (2013)Google Scholar
- 4.Seuret, A., Michaut, F., Richard, J.-P., Divoux, T.: Networked control using gps synchronization. In: Proc. of ACC 2006, American Control Conf., June, Mineapolis, USA (2006)Google Scholar
- 5.Yu, M., Wang, L., Chu, T.: An LMI approach to network control systems with data packet dropout and transmission delays. In: MTNS 2004 Proc. of Mathematical Theory Networks and Systems, Leuven, Belgium (2004)Google Scholar
- 6.Witrant, E., Georges, D., Canudas-de-Wit, C., Alamir, M.: On the use of state predictors in networked control system. In: Applications of Time Delay Systems. Lecture Notes in Control and Information Sciences, vol. 352, pp. 17–35. Springer, New York (2007)Google Scholar
- 7.Ariba, Y., Labit, Y., Gouaisbaut, F.: Congestion control of a single router with an active queue management. International Journal on Advances in Internet Technology 2(1) (2009)Google Scholar
- 10.Morărescu, C.-I., Barrios, C.-M., Niculescu, S.-I., Gu, K.: Stability crossing boundaries and fragility characterization of PID controllers for SISO systems with I/O delays. In: American Control Conference on O’Farrell Street, June 29-July 01, San Francisco, CA, USA (2011)Google Scholar
- 11.Hollot, C.V., Misra, V., Towsley, D., Gong, W.: A control theoretic analysis of red. In: IEEE INFOCOM, pp. 1510–1519, April 2001Google Scholar
Open Access This chapter is licensed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 International License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/2.5/), which permits any noncommercial use, sharing, adaptation, distribution and reproduction in any medium or format, as long as you give appropriate credit to the original author(s) and the source, provide a link to the Creative Commons license and indicate if changes were made.
The images or other third party material in this chapter are included in the chapter's Creative Commons license, unless indicated otherwise in a credit line to the material. If material is not included in the chapter's Creative Commons license and your intended use is not permitted by statutory regulation or exceeds the permitted use, you will need to obtain permission directly from the copyright holder.