Statistics Algorithm and Application of People Flow Detection Based on Wi-Fi Probe
- 25 Downloads
For the open laboratory management of an university, the attendance data is not accurate, and meanwhile, the statistics data is too easy to be lacked by using the traditional devices. Wi-Fi probe for people flow detection is often used for safety warnings in public places and commercial promotion of products, laboratory attendance and so on. However, the existing technologies used for laboratory attendance only identify the presence of a target while neglect the fact that when the coverage range of Wi-Fi signal exceeds the attendance range, the attendance data obtained by Wi-Fi probe will be inaccurate. So far, Wi-Fi probe has not been applied for managing people flow of open laboratory. In this paper, we propose an algorithm based on Wi-Fi probe so as to successfully increase the quality of people flow detection in open laboratory. We use RSSI positioning theory to distinguish people inside and outside the laboratory and identify the statistics of the people flow. The experimental results also demonstrate our system not only has higher accuracy than the existing RFID attendance systems, but also provide the rank of time which people spent in the laboratory, the numbers of people and the total time which all the people spend in the lab in a certain time. Managers and users can log in the system to check the statistical data. The system improves the utilization of the laboratory and contributes to the development of open laboratory management practices.
KeywordsWi-Fi probe People flow detection Laboratory management
In this paper, the research was supported by Scientific Research Fund of Fujian Provincial Education Department (JAT160339, JT180340) and by Research Project of Experimental Teaching Reform in Fujian University of Technology (SJ2017003).
- 1.Wang, Y.H., Liu, J., Yu, Z.: Application of RFID in laboratory access control attendance. J. Chongqing Univ. Arts Sci. 32(5), 132–135 (2013). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 2.Lin, S.: Fast face recognition algorithm for laboratory attendance system. Inform. Technol. 4, 16–22 (2019). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 3.Wang, Y.H.: Design and implementation of fingerprint attendance system based on student management in laboratry. Wirel. Internet Technol. 5, 63–64 (2017). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 4.Roeding, C., Emigh, A.T.: Method and system for detecting presence using a wifi network probe detector: US. US20110029359[P] (2011)Google Scholar
- 5.Gao, J., Yuan, D.Y.: Design and research of early warning system based on WIFI probe. J. People’s Public Secur. Univ. China (Sci. Technol.) 3, 89–93 (2016). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 7.Li, K.L., Zhao, H.W., Wang, G.Z.H., Fan, T.: Design of automatic warning system for abnormal visitors flow rate based on WiFi probe. Electron. Meas. Technol. 41(17), 138–141 (2018). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 8.Zhu, Y.J, Hao, S.H.J., Pei, Zh.Y., Xu, Sh.J., Zhou, Zh.: Commercial big data analysis technology based on wifi probe. Times Agric. Mach. 45(2), 99–104 (2018). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 10.Shi, X.R.: Design and implementation of laboratory automatic attendance and management system based on WIFI. Hebei University, Hebei (2018). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 11.Li, X.Y.: WIFI technology and its application and development. Inform. Technol. 36(02), 196–198 (2012). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 13.Yang, X., Wang, C.: Research on multi-channel communication algorithm based on aggregation tree protocol. Netw. Secur. Technol. Appl. 12, 40–43 (2018). (in Chinese)Google Scholar