An Efficient Pattern Recognition Technology for Numerals of Lottery and Invoice
- 23 Downloads
An efficient pattern recognition technology is applied to recognize the number character of lottery and invoice is proposed in this paper. There are some Arabic numerals of lottery or invoice tickets easy to be confused because of unclear printing. In this algorithm, an image processing and pattern recognition technology is applied. The advantage of this algorithm includes that the region of interest for images can be captured automatically and the accuracy of recognition is remarkable. In order to compare the Arabic numerals of invoice with template in database, the optical character recognition technology is proposed. According to compare the normalized character with template in database, the algorithm can recognize the correct Arabic numerals of lottery or invoice tickets. Based on experimental results, the proposed algorithm in this paper is efficient and has high accuracy.
KeywordsPattern recognition Arabic numerals Image processing Optical character recognition technology
This work was supported by the Ministry of Science and Technology under Grant MOST 106-2221-E-018-028-.
- 1.Vu, H., Le, T.L., Tran, T.H.: A vision-based method for automatizing tea shoots detection. In: 2013 IEEE International Conference on Image Processing, pp. 3775–3779 (2013)Google Scholar
- 2.Huseyin, O., Chen, T., Wu, H.R.: Performance evaluation of multiple regions-of-interest query for accessing image databases. In: Proceedings of 2001 International Symposium on Intelligent Multimedia, Video and Speech, pp. 300–303 (2001)Google Scholar
- 3.Liu, F., Liu, X., Chen, Y.: An efficient detection method for rare colored capsule based on RGB and HSV color space. In: 2014 IEEE International Conference on Granular Computing, pp. 175–178 (2014)Google Scholar
- 5.Dezert, J., Liu, Z.G., Mercier, G.: Edge detection in color images based on DSmT. In: Proceedings of the 14th International Conference on Information Fusion (FUSION), pp. 343–350 (2011)Google Scholar
- 8.Yeh, M.T., Chung, Y.N., Huang, Y.X., Lai, C.W., Juang, D.J.: Applying adaptive LS-PIV with dynamically adjusting detection region approach on the surface velocity measurement of river flow. In: Computers and Electrical Engineering, pp. 1–17, December 2017Google Scholar
- 11.Ramiah, S., Liong, T.Y., Jayabalan, M.: Detecting text based image with optical character recognition for English translation and speech using Android. In: IEEE Student Conference on Research and Development (SCOReD), pp. 272–277 (2015)Google Scholar
- 12.Chung, Y.-N., Yun-Jhong, H., Tsai, X.-Z., Hsu, C.-H., Lai, C.-W.: Applying image processing technology to region area estimation. Adv. Intell. Syst. Comput. 579, 77–83 (2017)Google Scholar