Research on the Influence of BBL and EBL on Students’ Learning Factors in Digital Sculpture Course
- 8 Downloads
In recent years, the development of 3D animation and game industry has promoted the demand for digital sculpture, making digital sculpture technology an indispensable application for 3D learning. Because digital sculpting software is complex and difficult to learn, the course combines blend-based learning and example-based learning to enhance students’ motivation and learning outcomes. At the end of the course, 96 students were questionnaired and a total of 71 valid questionnaires were collected. 66.2% of students believe that digital sculpture is easier to create character models than 3D animation software, 60.6% of students rely on course videos to improve learning, and 58.9% of students think course videos are very useful. 69% of students think the sample design is interesting and shows the impact of the EBL design. The questionnaire was analyzed by factor analysis and summarized into three constructs. The results show that blend-based learning and example-based learning have a clear contribution to curriculum design, learning response and motivation.
KeywordsDigital sculpt Zbrush Blend-based learning Example-based learning
Conflict of Interest
The author states that there is no conflict of interest. The questionnaire was conducted anonymously and the participants were all adult students.
- 3.Autodesk Mudbox Homepage. https://www.autodesk.com/products/mudbox/overview. Accessed 26 Feb 2019
- 4.Pixologic ZBrush Homepage. http://pixologic.com/. Accessed 26 Feb 2019
- 5.Ptex Homepage. http://ptex.us/. Accessed 28 Feb 2019
- 8.Kanuka, H., Brooks, C., Saranchuck, N.: Flexible learning and cost effective mass offerings. In Improving University Teaching (IUT) conference, Vancouver, BC, Canada (2009)Google Scholar
- 12.Jeffrey, L.M., Milne, J., Suddaby, G., Higgins, A.: Blended learning: how teachers balance the blend of online and classroom components. J. Inf. Technol. Educ. 13, 121–140 (2014)Google Scholar