This chapter represents the summary of the book and the way forward for India. In the modern era, the death penalty is a violation of the right to life. The evidence in a vast and diverse country like India points to a strong support for corporeal punishment.
- Amnesty International (2015). The death penalty in Saudi Arabia: facts and figures. Retrieved from https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2015/08/the-death-penalty-in-saudi-arabia-facts-and-figures/ dated 12th May 2017.
- Amnesty International (2018). The Death Penalty in 2017: Facts and Figures. Retrieved from https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2018/04/death-penalty-facts-and-figures-2017/ dated 4th October 2019.
- Amnesty International (2019). Death Penalty in Canada. Retrieved from https://www.amnesty.ca/our-work/issues/death-penalty-support-abolition/death-penalty-canada dated 8th October 2019.
- Anti-Death Penalty Asia Network, Fact and figures, N.D. Retrieved from https://adpan.org/ dated 5th October 2019.
- Batra, B. J. (2007). The death penalty in India: Issues and aspects. In background paper for the launch seminar on the Sino-EU project. Moving the debate forward on the death penalty in China (pp. 1–28).Google Scholar
- Batra, B. (2008). Lethal lottery: the death penalty in India: a study of supreme court judgments in death penalty cases 1950–2006. Tamil Nadu and Puducherry: Amnesty International India and People’s Union for Civil Liberties.Google Scholar
- Bachan Singh v. State of Punjab, (1980) 2 SCC 684 : 1980 SCC (Cri) 580 para 136.Google Scholar
- Clifford, T. (2004). The death penalty in India: a comparative view. Unpublished paper. University of California at Berkeley Boalt Hall School of Law.Google Scholar
- Death Penalty Databse, Cornell Center on Death Penalty Worldwide. Retreieved from http://www.worldcoalition.org/Global-overview-of-women-facing-the-death-penalty.html dated 10th October 2019.
- Deshwal, S. (2019). Death Penalty: Contemporary Issues. Retrieved from https://www.indianbarassociation.org/death-penalty-contemporary-issues/ dated 4th October 2019.
- Muralidhar, S. (1998). “Hang Them Now, Hang Them Not: India’s Travails with the Death Penalty”. Journal of the Indian Law Institute. Retrieved from www.ielrc.org/content/ a9803.pdf dated 5th May 2019.
- South African Institute of Race Relations (2016). Capital punishment in South Africa: was abolition the right decision? Retrieved from https://irr.org.za/reports/occasional-reports/files/draft-2-irr-capital-punishment-in-sa-211116.pdf dated 5th May 2018.
- State v Makwanyane and Mchunu, 1985, CCT3/94.Google Scholar