Application Study on the Stress Test of Liquidity Risk Management of City Commercial Banks in Our Country
In recent years, with the development of capital market and the enhancing of risk correlation, liquidity risk looms large and has become a comprehensive risk with destructive force in the highly leveraged capital market. Duo to the small scale, non-diversified service range of city commercial banks and restrained by technical conditions and human resource, their ability to manage liquidity risk remains to be further improved. Stress test of liquidity risk, as a highly effective management tool, is conducive for city commercial banks to preventing potential liquidity risk and improving their ability to withstand liquidity risk. This paper takes certain city commercial bank in Northeast China as an example and gives a cause analysis of its liquidity risk; selects stress indicators and stress-bearing indicators rationally to build a stress conduction model to evaluate the potential liquidity risk it carries and accordingly put forward corresponding countermeasures and suggestions.
KeywordsCity commercial bank Liquidity risk Stress test
Special item of general secretary Xi Jinping of philosophy and social sciences of Heilongjiang Province, Study on Financial Support for Heilongjiang Province’s Modernized Agricultural Development under the Background of Supply-side Structural Reform. Item number: 16JYH01.
- 1.China Banking Regulatory Commission, Administrative Measures for the Liquidity Risk Management of Commercial Banks (for Trial Run) (2014). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 2.Zhou, H., Pan, B.: Comparative study on the management and implementation of stress test of liquidity risk. Stud. Int. Financ. (4) (2010). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 3.Zhu, Y.: The theory and practice of stress test of liquidity risk. Chin. Rev. Financ. Stud. (02) (2012). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 4.Liu, W., Yan, Y.: Measurement methods and empirical analysis of liquidity. Stat. Decis. (06) (2011). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 5.Chen, K.: Study on the liquidity risk management of china’s state-owned commercial banks based on stress test. Southwestern University of Finance and Economics (2013)Google Scholar
- 6.Basel Committee on Banking Supervision: The Basel Committee’s response to the financial crisis: report to the G20. BIS, October 2010Google Scholar
- 7.Peng, J.: Study on stress test of banking industry based on macro-prudential regulation. China Urban Financ. (10), 80–81 (2015). (in China)Google Scholar
- 8.Fang, Y.: Research on systematic risk of china’s banking industry—three stress tests in the perspective of macro-pruden. Econ. Theory Bus. Manag. (2), 48–66 (2017). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 9.Research group of the investigation and statistics department of the People’s Bank of China. Statistical and applied research on systemically important Banks from the perspective of macro-prudential management. Financ. Regul. Res. (7), 1–15 (2018). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 10.Wu, W., Li, X., Li, S.: Exploration and practice of liquidity stress test of local legal financial institutions. Gansu Financ. (4), 66–68 (2019). (in China)Google Scholar