Comprehensive Evaluation of Node Importance in Complex Networks
Identifying important nodes quickly and effectively in complex networks is one of the effective ways to control the propagation process of networks. Node importance ranking is the main method to identify important nodes. In this paper, the SIR model is used to simulate the network propagation process based on seven node importance sorting algorithms. The performance of the algorithm is evaluated from aspects of resolution and accuracy. In the experiment, seven algorithms are compared and analyzed in three theoretical networks and seven real networks using the above two evaluation criteria. The network characteristics suitable for different algorithms are obtained, which has great reference value for the application of important node sorting algorithm in complex networks.
KeywordsComplex networks Node importance ranking SIR spreading model Resolution Accuracy
The paper is supported by: (1) Scientific research project of colleges and universities in gansu province under grant NO. 2018B-059 (2) National Social Science Fund Project under grant NO. 15XMZ035 (3) the Science and Technology Foundation of Gansu Provice (Grant No. 18JR3RA228) (4) Science and Technology project of Lanzhou (Grant No. 2018-4-56).
- 1.He, D.: Complex System and Complex Network. Higher Education Press, Beijing (2009). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 2.Gu, Y., Zhu, Z.: Node ranking in complex networks based on LeaderRank and modes similaritya. J. Univ. Electron. Sci. Technol. China 46(2), 441–448 (2017). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 3.Chen, C., Sun, L.: Node importance assessment in complex networks. J. Southwest Jiaotong Univ. 44(03), 426–429 (2009). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 4.Liu, J.: Advanced PID Control and MATLAB Simulation, 2nd edn. Electronics Industry Press, Beijing (2003). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 5.Li, J., Ren, Q.: Study on supply air temperature forecast and changing machine dew point for variable air volume system. Build. Energy Environ. 27(4), 29–32 (2008). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 6.Yang, F.: Research on vital nodes identification and propagation source location in complex networks. Ph.D. Lanzhou University, Lanzhou, China (2017)Google Scholar
- 7.Sun, R.: Summary of node importance assessment methods in network public opinion. Appl. Res. Comput. 29(10), 3606–3608+3628 (2012). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 10.Dong, W., Zhang, W., Tan, C.W.: Rooting out the rumor culprit from suspects. Comput. Sci. 2671–2675 (2013). (in Chinese)Google Scholar