A State-of-the-Art Literature Review on Microelectromechanical Systems
- 63 Downloads
Morphological analysis is a state-of-the-art emerging research topic which has attracted researchers for the dissertation in micro-machining sector. Microscopy techniques like AFM, SEM and TEM have enabled researchers to research and investigate micro-scaled features of elements in the area of microelectromechanical systems (MEMS), nanoelectromechanical systems (NEMS), biomedical sensors and equipments, pharmaceutical research, micro-machining, etc. This paper reviews the brief literature based on remarkable research work done in the areas of microscopy, micro-manufacturing, smart materials and MEMS. A wide range of micro-machining applications and its alternatives has been conversed. From this literature review, gray areas for the further research have been identified. Current and emerging technology in shape memory alloy (SMA) research based on the literature has been discussed, and future scope for research in this area has been remarked. Thus, this detailed review steps forward for the researchers to acknowledge the wide area for development in micro-machining.
KeywordsMorphological analysis Orthogonal array MEMS Micro-machining Smart materials
We are very thankful to various researchers whose work was of utmost importance for the formation of this review. Credit is given to them for their valuable share of the research in the field of micro-machining and MEMS. We are thankful to all.
- 1.Majeed A, Ramesh P (2019) Fabrication of MEMS Capacitive Pressure Sensor (MCPS) with Segmented Bossed Diaphragm. In: Sharma R, Rawal D (eds) The physics of semiconductor devices. IWPSD 2017. Springer Proceedings in Physics, vol 215. Springer, ChamGoogle Scholar
- 11.Xu X, Zhang S (2015). https://doi.org/10.2991/icmra-15.2015.221
- 34.Kumar B, Rao T (2012) AFM studies on surface morphology, topography and texture of nanostructured zinc aluminum oxide thin films. Dig J Nanomater Biostruct 7(4):1881–1889Google Scholar
- 35.Löchte C, Kayasa J, Herrmann C, Raatz A (2012) Methods for implementing compensation strategies in micro production systems supported by a simulation approach. In: Ratchev S (eds) Precision assembly technologies and systems. IPAS 2012. IFIP advances in information and communication technology, vol 371. Springer, BerlinCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 39.Jimenez H, Mavris D (2010) An evolution of morphological analysis applications in systems engineering. In: American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, 48th AIAA aerospace sciences meeting including the new horizons forum and aerospace expositionGoogle Scholar
- 40.Liu F, Wu J, Chen K, Xue D (2010) Morphology study by using scanning electron microscopy. In: Microscopy: science, technology, applications and education, pp 1781–1792Google Scholar
- 45.Savanovic P, Zeiler W (2009) Morphological analysis of design concepts emergence in design meetings. In: Stanford, international conference on engineering design, ICED’09, vol 6, pp 179–188Google Scholar
- 59.Dönmez B, Özkan B (2011) Design and control of a shape memory alloy actuator for flap type aerodynamic surfaces. In: Proceedings of 18th world congress IFAC, Milano, Italy, Sept 2011Google Scholar
- 62.Taguchi G (1986) Introduction to quality engineering: designing quality into products and processes (No. 658.562 T3)Google Scholar