Study on repair and reinforcement for existing pile foundation using jet grouting
When a large earthquake damages the pile foundation of a building structure, some filling methods that involve excavating the pile head and repairing directly are often carried out. By contrast, a reinforcement work to enhance the seismic performance for an entire foundation including undamaged piles is often executed by increasing the number of piles. The authors have studied novel repair and reinforcement methods for an existing pile foundation using jet grouting (Kamata et al., 2019). The present study aims to evaluate the effectiveness of repair and reinforcement for an existing pile foundation using jet grouting by field axial and lateral load tests. In addition, this study aims to introduce the recent developments of jet grouting and the practical applications of a repair and reinforcement method; the effectiveness of the method is revealed by in-situ tests.
Keywordsjet grouting pile foundation repair reinforcement field loading test of pile
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Japanese Standard Association. (2009). Method for unconfined compression test of soils. JIS A 1216 (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- Kamata, T., Shimamura, A., Tsuchiya, T. (2019). Study on Repair and Reinforcement for Pile Foundation Using Jet Grouting. Earthquake Geotechnical Engineering for Protection and Development of Environment and Constructions – Silvestri & Moraci (Eds), pp.3170–3177.Google Scholar
- Kawamura, J. (2015). Earthquake Reinforcement Using Jet Grouting for a Factory in Operation. Proc. 6th Int. Conf. on Earthquake Geotechnical Engineering, Christchurch, New Zealand, paper ID 735Google Scholar
- Nikkei Business Publications, Inc. (2019). Lattice- form soil improvement for residential area of world’s first. Nikkei Construction April 8, Vol. 709, pp.8–13. (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- The Japanese Geotechnical Society. (2002). Method for Vertical Load Test of Piles 1st revision edition. The Japanese Geotechnical Society (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- The Japanese Geotechnical Society. (2010). Method for Lateral Load Test of Piles,1st revision edition, The Japanese Geotechnical Society (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- The Building Center for Japan. (2002). Reversion of the guideline of design and quality control of ground improvement for buildings – Soil mixing using cement material (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- The Building Center for Japan and Center for Better Living. (2018). The guideline of design and quality control of ground improvement for buildings – Soil mixing using cement material 2018 version (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- Tsuchiya, T., Abe, H. and Komatsu, K. (2017) A Study on Altering the Cross-Sectional Shape and Altering the Quality of the Jet Grout Column. Grouting 2017, Hawaii, USA.Google Scholar
- Yahiro, T., Yoshida, H. (1973) Induction grouting method utilizing high-speed water jet. Proceedings of 8th International Conference on Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering, Moscow, pp. 402–404Google Scholar