Moving Toward Audio-Visual Narrative and Communication-Making Skills on Adults Education
This paper reports one European project named “Com ON project”, conducted during 18th months. The Com ON project team is formed by organizations from 4 European countries, and seeks to provide a training program to empower European adults to unleash their potential and be able to understand, create and share audiovisual messages and stories. The main objective of this experience is to work on the specific competences of audiovisual communication and creation of specific interactive products through the creation of digital narratives, and at the same time working on transversal key competences such as emotional, technological and social abilities. In this paper, we just present the result of the first phase of the project where partners worked to define the training program learning objectives, competences and skills, as well as the pedagogical approach (andragogy-based) and instructional design of contents. Using questionnaires, we performed a base of work that permitted to trace a training path.
KeywordsOpen educational resources (OERs) Andragogy Audiovisual Narrative
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
This paper is a result of the research project titled “COM ON – Unleash your potential for (audio)visual COMmunication”, reference, 2018-1-ES01-KA204_050782, under the Erasmus+ Programme (http://www.comon-project.eu/).
– Onset of research: 01-09-2018
– Completion of research: 29-02-2020
We thank all our colleagues who provided insight and expertise that greatly assisted the research, although they may not agree with all of the interpretations/conclusions of this paper.
- 1.Besalú-Casademont, R., Schena, J., & Sánchez-Sánchez, C. (2017). Competencias más relevantes en los estudios de Comunicación Audiovisual. Las percepciones de profesionales, docentes y estudiantes. https://doi.org/10.4185/RLCS-2017-1233
- 3.Elmunsvah, H., Nur Hidayat, W., & Patmantara, S. (2018). Digital Literacy Skills of Informatics Engineering Education Students as the Basis for Online Learning Implementation. 2018 International Seminar on Application for Technology of Information and Communication, 257–260. https://doi.org/10.1109/ISEMANTIC.2018.8549753
- 5.Goncalves, A. G., & de Martino, J. M. (2011). Expressive Audiovisual Message Presenter for Mobile Devices. 2011 Fifth International Conference on Next Generation Mobile Applications, Services and Technologies, 25–28. https://doi.org/10.1109/NGMAST.2011.15
- 6.Kim, D. (2018). A Framework for Implementing OER-Based Lesson Design Activities for Pre-Service Teachers. International Review of Research in Open and Distributed Learning, 19(4), 148–170. Retrieved from https://eric.ed.gov/?id=EJ1192351
- 8.Palácio, M. A. V., & Struchiner, M. (2017). Análise da produção de narrativas digitais no ensino superior em saúde. EaD Em FOCO, 7(1). https://doi.org/10.18264/eadf.v7i1.541
- 12.Constituição da República Portuguesa (2018), http://www.parlamento.pt/Legislacao/Paginas/ConstituicaoRepublicaPortuguesa.aspx#art73
- 13.National Qualifications Agency and UNESCO (2008). The development and the state of the art of adult learning and education (ALE), https://unevoc.unesco.org/fileadmin/user_upload/pubs/New%20Opportunities%20-%20Portugal.pdf
- 14.Infed (2018) Andragogy: what is it and does it help thinking about adult learning? http://infed.org/mobi/andragogy-what-is-it-and-does-it-help-thinking-about-adult-learning/
- 15.Lexico (2018). https://www.lexico.com/en/definition/pedagogy.