Humming-Based Song Recognition
- 12 Downloads
Today, the Internet is the only medium through which songs are accessed by the majority, resulting in myriad of songs and artists on the Internet. The only effective way to search music on the Internet still requires at least some of the details about a song or its artist. But, what if we don’t know any such detail about the music? What if we heard it somewhere and know only how to sing or hum? Humming-based song recognition (HBSR) addresses this conundrum. It is a system which takes the audio file or audio recording as input and predicts the song present in the database based on the humming sound analysed. The fundamental ideas of HBSR, its implementation and some techniques to improve its performance are introduced in this paper.
KeywordsData set Spectrogram Librosa CNN Shazam
- 1.Wang, Avery Li-Chun. 2003. An industrial-strength audio search algorithm. In Proceedings 4th International Conference on Music Information Retrieval, pp. 7–13, 2003-Oct.Google Scholar
- 2.Bishop, J.M., R.J. Mitchell. 1991, January 25–25. Neural networks-an introduction. IEE Colloquium on Neural Networks for Systems: Principles and Applications.Google Scholar
- 3.Al-Zawi, S., T. Mohammed, S. Albawi. 2017. Understanding of a convolutional neural network. In Proceedings of ICET, Aug 2017.Google Scholar
- 4.McVicar, Matt, P.W. Ellis Daniel, Dawen, Liang, Colin, Raffel, Brian, McFee, Eric, Battenberg, Oriol, Nieto. 2015. librosa: audio and music signal analysis in python. In Proceedings of the 14th Python in Science Conference.Google Scholar
- 6.Joblib: For running Python functions as pipeline jobs, https://joblib.readthedocs.io/en/latest/.