Capabilities of Chatbots and Its Performance Enhancements in Machine Learning
- 20 Downloads
To keep in pace with ever-increasing customer demands, providing instant and useful responses is a prominent need of service providers. Latest technical developments have led to the advent of a faster, easier solution: chatbot. It is an artificial intelligence-based simulation of human conversation to automate customer interactions, thereby reducing manual effort. Not necessarily limited to answering simple product-related queries, chatbots can provide complex predictive analysis within limited response time, by the help of machine learning. Creating a chatbot has become simplistic enough, even for any non-technical person. It can be configured and integrated into any messenger within an organization or social network. This paper discusses the capabilities of chatbots and the enhancements in their performance by the contribution of machine learning.
KeywordsChatbot Artificial intelligence (AI) Natural language processing (NLP) Machine learning (ML) Service registry
- 1.Dialogflow. https://docs.api.ai/. Accessed August 10, 2019.
- 2.https://www.slideshare.net/DoYouDreamUP/chatbots-use-benefits-and-key-success-factors. Accessed July 15, 2019.
- 3.Nath, M.P., S. Sagnika, M., Das, and P. Pandey. 2017. Object recognition using cat swarm optimization. International Journal of Research and Scientific Innovation (IJRSI) IV(VIIS): 47–51.Google Scholar
- 4.Nath, M.P., K. Goyal, J. Prasad, and B. Kallur. 2018. Chat Bot—an edge to customer insight. International Journal of Research and Scientific Innovation (IJRSI) V(V): 29–32.Google Scholar
- 5.Skype for Business bot using UCWA.F5. https://ankitbko.github.io/2017/02/Sykpe-For-Business-Bot-Using-UCWA/. Accessed August 3, 2019.
- 6.Das, K., and R.N. Behera. 2017. A survey on machine learning: Concept, algorithms and applications. International Journal of Innovative Research in Computer and Communication Engineering 5 (2): 1301–1309.Google Scholar
- 7.Witten, I.H., and E. Frank. 2005. Data mining: Practical machine learning tools and techniques, 2nd ed. San Francisco: Morgan Kaufmann.Google Scholar
- 8.Karp, N.B., and D. Song. 2006. Paragraph: Thwarting signature learning by training maliciously. In Recent advances in intrusion detection (RAID), (LNCS 4219), ed. D. Zamboni and C. Kruegel, 81–105. Berlin: Springer.Google Scholar
- 11.Carlson, A., J. Betteridge, B. Kisiel, B. Settles, E.R. Hruschka, and T.M. Mitchell. 2010. Toward an architecture for never-ending language learning. In Twenty-Fourth AAAI conference on artificial intelligence.Google Scholar
- 12.Chatbot on Skype for Business. http://acuvate.com/blog/chatbots-on-skype-for-business/. Accessed July 31, 2019.