Joint Uplink and Downlink Optimization for Resource Allocation Under D2D Communication Networks
We study the joint uplink and downlink (JUAD) resource allocation problem in D2D networks, where D2D sender communicates with D2D recipient by reusing the channel of cellular users (CUs). In order to maximize the throughput of D2D networks, we model the JUAD problem as a mixed integer nonlinear programming problem (MINLP). Since the problem is NP hard, to solve it better, we divide it into two sub-problems by analyzing the structure of the primal problem, including channel assignment and power allocation. Then, we turn the sub-problem of power allocation into convex problem by the Lagrangian dual theory for getting the optimal power value of CUs and D2D pair. Next, an improved Hopcroft-Karp algorithm is proposed to solve the sub-problem of channel allocation, which has lower complexity compared with the traditional channel allocation approaches. Finally, extensive simulations show that our proposed approach achieves a near optimal solution.
KeywordsDevice to Device communication Power allocation Joint uplink and downlink resource allocation Hopcroft-Karp algorithm
This work is supported by the Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 61872104), the Natural Science Foundation of Heilongjiang Province in China (No. F2016009), the Fundamental Research Fund for the Central Universities in China (No. HEUCF180602) and the Tianjin Key Laboratory of Advanced Networking (TANK), College of Intelligence and Computing, Tianjin University, Tianjin China, 300350.
- 3.Han, M.-H., Kim, B.-G., Lee, J.-W.: Subchannel and transmission mode scheduling for D2D communication in OFDMA networks. In: 2012 IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC Fall), pp. 1–5. IEEE (2012)Google Scholar
- 4.Sikora, M., Laneman, J.N., Haenggi, M., Costello Jr., D.J., Fuja, T.E.: On the optimum number of hops in linear wireless networks. In: Proceedings of IEEE Information Theory Workshop, pp. 165–169 (2004)Google Scholar
- 6.Menon, R., Buehrer, R.M., Reed, J.H.: Outage probability based comparison of underlay and overlay spectrum sharing techniques. In: Proceedings of IEEE DySPAN, vol. 5, pp. 101–109 (2005)Google Scholar
- 8.Janis, P., Koivunen, V., Ribeiro, C., Korhonen, J., Doppler, K., Hugl, K.: Interference-aware resource allocation for device-to-device radio underlaying cellular networks. In: VTC Spring 2009-IEEE 69th Vehicular Technology Conference, pp. 1–5. IEEE (2009)Google Scholar
- 9.Ma, C., Liu, J., Tian, X., Hui, Y., Cui, Y., Wang, X.: Interference exploitation in D2D-enabled cellular networks: a secrecy perspective. IEEE Trans. Commun. 63(1), 229–242 (2015)Google Scholar
- 10.Xiao, S., et al.: Joint uplink and downlink resource allocation in full-duplex OFDMA networks. In: 2016 IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), pp. 1–6. IEEE (2016)Google Scholar
- 11.Zhao, P., Yu, P., Feng, L., Li, W., Qiu, X.: Gain-aware joint uplink-downlink resource allocation for device-to-device communications. In: 2017 IEEE 85th Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC Spring), pp. 1–5. IEEE (2017)Google Scholar
- 13.Kai, C., Xu, L., Zhang, J., Peng, M.: Joint uplink and downlink resource allocation for D2D communication underlying cellular networks. In: 2018 10th International Conference on Wireless Communications and Signal Processing (WCSP), pp. 1–6. IEEE (2018)Google Scholar
- 15.Sasao, T., Matsuura, M.: A method to decompose multiple-output logic functions. In: Proceedings of the 41st Annual Design Automation Conference, pp. 428–433. ACM (2004)Google Scholar
- 17.Gabow, H.N.: Scaling algorithms for network problems. In: 24th Annual Symposium on Foundations of Computer Science (SFCS 1983), pp. 248–258. IEEE (1983)Google Scholar