The Beneficiation of Waste as Part of the Implementation of the Circular Economy in South Africa
- 18 Downloads
Waste management is a global challenge. The circular economy is now gaining momentum worldwide. It is a concept that even makes complete sense to ordinary people. It shifts from a traditional linear model to an innovative circular model. This embraces the new thinking of the cradle-to-cradle approach.
KeywordsInternational Society of Waste Management, Air and Water
- Abubakar, F. (2018). White Rose eThesis Online. [Online] Available at: http://etheses.whiterose.ac.uk/20947/. Accessed August 2, 2018.
- Dasgupta, T. (2014). Composition of municipal solid waste generation and recycling scenario of building materials. International Journal of Scientific Engineering and Technology, 3(10), 1259–1264.Google Scholar
- Department of Environmental Affairs. (2012). National waste information baseline report. Pretoria: Department of Environmental Affairs.Google Scholar
- Department of Environmental Affairs. (2017). Industry waste plans presentation. [Online] Available at: http://pmg-assets.s3-website-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/170314Industry_Waste.pdf. Accessed August 2, 2018.
- Hartley, F., Caetano, T. & Daniels, R. C. (2016). University of Cape Town. [Online] Available at: http://webcms.uct.ac.za/sites/default/files/image_tool/images/119/Papers-2016/16-Hartley-etal-waste_tyres.pdf. Accessed August 2, 2018.
- Heard, P. (2016). Bizcommunity. [Online] Available at: http://www.bizcommunity.com/Article/196/750/149086.html. Accessed August 17, 2018.
- McLellan, B., Corder, G., & Ali, S. (2018). Sustainability of Rare Earths—An Overview of the State of Knowledge.Google Scholar
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development. (2013). OECD. [Online] Available at: http://www.oecd.org/env/waste/OECD%20Work%20on%20SMM_update%2011-02-2013.pdf. Accessed August 2, 2018.
- Pacheco-Torgal, F. (2017). Handbook of recycled concrete and demolition waste. Cambridge: Woodhead Publishing.Google Scholar
- South African Government. (2014). Act No. 26 of 2014: National Environmental Management: Waste Amendment Act. Government Gazette.Google Scholar