An Appraisal on Microstrip Array Antenna for Various Wireless Communications and Their Applications
- 16 Downloads
This paper represents a unique study of different microstrip array antenna designs for various wireless communications and their applications. The objective is to achieve better gain, return loss, bandwidth and other parameters of antenna, in order to use them in wireless communication applications. So compared to single microstrip antenna, we prefer to go for the array designs which help to improve the gain, return loss, bandwidth and other parameters that are important for various wireless communications. The design techniques discussed and make antenna array elements to operate at various wireless communication bands such as L, S, C, X and Ka, which include various wireless communication applications. Nowadays, miniaturization is so important for microstrip antenna because of their small volume, low cost and low profile become very attractive. This paper will make readers easy to understand different kinds of array antenna used in wireless communication applications.
KeywordsMicrostrip antenna Array antenna Feed types Parameters Wireless communication
I extend my heartfelt thanks to my all dear colleagues who supported throughout my work. I extend my sincere acknowledgement to my parents for supporting throughout the work.
- 1.Review on various types of microstrip antennas for wireless communication. IOSR Journal of Electronics and Communication Engineering (IOSR-JECE) 12 (4): 36–42. e-ISSN: 2278-2834, ISSN: 2278-8735. Ver. II (Jul.–Aug. 2017).Google Scholar
- 2.Kraus, John D., and K. D Prasad. Antennas and wave propagation.Google Scholar
- 3.A practical guide to the design of microstrip antenna arrays. Microwave. journal/articles/3144/ February 1, 2001.Google Scholar
- 4.Gibson, P.J., and R. Hill. A planar microstrip array. In IEEE colloquium advances in printed antenna design and manufacture digest, 3/1–3/3, No. 1982/19.Google Scholar
- 5.Rahayu, Yusnita, and Muhammad Ibnu Hidayat. 2018. Design of 28/38 GHz dual-band triangular-shaped slot microstrip antenna array for 5G applications. In 2018 2nd international conference on telematics and future generation networks (TAFGEN). 978-1-5386-1275- 0/18/$31.00 ©2018, IEEE.Google Scholar
- 6.Uddin, Uzma, W. Akaram, and Md Rashid Anasri. 2018. Design and analysis of microstrip patch antenna and antenna array for vehicular communication system. In Proceedings of the 2nd international conference on inventive communication and computational technologies (ICICCT 2018) IEEE Xplore Compliant - Part Number: CFP18BAC-ART; ISBN: 978-1-5386-1974-2 978-1-5386-1974-2/18/$31.00 ©2018 IEEE.Google Scholar
- 7.Prahlada Rao, K., P.V. Hunugund, and R.M. Vani. 2018. Design of enhanced gain two element linear microstrip antenna array. In 2018 twenty fourth national conference on communications (NCC). 978-1-5386-1224-8/18/$31.00 ©2018 IEEE.Google Scholar
- 8.Liu, Pengfei, Xiaowei Zhu, Hongjun Tang, Xiang Wang, and Wei Hong. 2017. Tapered slot antenna array for 5G wireless communication systems. 978-1-5386-1608-6/17/$31.00 (c) 2017 IEEE.Google Scholar
- 9.Muhamad, W.A.W., R. Ngah, M.F. Jamlos, P.J. Soh, and H. Lago. 2016. Gain enhancement of microstrip grid array antenna for 5G applications. In 2016 URSI Asia-Pacific Radio Science Conference, August 21–25, 2016/Seoul, Korea 978-1-4673-8801-6/16/$31.00 ©2016 IEEE.Google Scholar
- 10.Latha, S., and P.M. Rubesh Anand. 2016.Circular polarized microstrip patch array antenna. For wireless LAN applications. In IEEE WiSPNET 2016 conference, 978-1-4673-9338-6/16/$31.00_c 2016 IEEE.Google Scholar
- 11.Aji, Galih Mustiko, Muhammad Ammar Wibisono, and Achmad Munir. 2016. High gain 2.4 GHz patch antenna array for rural area application. In The 22nd Asia-Pacific conference on communications, 978-1-5090-0676-2/16/$31.00 ©2016 IEEE.Google Scholar
- 12.Kapusuz, Kamil Yavuz, Yakup Sen, Metehan Bulut, Ilter Karadede, and Ugur Oguz. 2016. Low-profile scalable phased array antenna at Ku-band for mobile satellite communications, 978-1-5090-1447-7/16/$31.00 ©2016 IEEE.Google Scholar
- 13.Singh, Jagtar, Er. Sunita Rani, and Er. Mandeep Singh. 2015. Design of microstrip patch antenna array for traffic speed detector application. In 2015 fifth international conference on advanced computing & communication technologies, 2327-0659/15 $31.00 © 2015 IEEE https://doi.org/10.1109/acct.2015.65.
- 14.Biswas, Rathindra Nath, and Asim Kar. 2008. A novel PSO-IE3D based design and optimization of a low profile dual slot microstrip patch antenna. In TENCON 2008, IEEE Region 10 Conference. https://doi.org/10.1109/tencon.2008.4766781.
- 15.Ghosh, Chandan Kumar, and Susanta Kumar Parvi. 2009. Design and study of a 2 × 2 microstrip patch antenna array for WLAN/MIMO application. In 2009 international conference on emerging trends in electronic and photonic devices & systems (ELECTRO-2009).Google Scholar
- 16.Rahim, M.K.A., A. Asrokin, M.H. Jamaluddin, M.R. Ahmad, T. Married, and M.Z.A. Abdul Aziz. 2006. Microstrip patch antenna array at 5.8 GHz for point to point Communication. In 2006 international RF and Microwave conference proceedings, September 12–14, 2006, Putrajaya, Malaysia.Google Scholar
- 17.Sandhya Reddy, B., V. Senthil Kumar, and V.V. Srinivasan. 2012. Design and development of a light weight microstrip patch antenna array for solar power satellite application. In IEEE transaction and proceedings on antenna and propagation.Google Scholar
- 18.Rahayu, Yusnita, and Ivan Rafli Mustofa. 2017. Design of 2 × 2 MIMO microstrip antenna rectangular patch array for 5G wireless communication network. In 2017 progress in electromagnetics research symposium, Fall (PIERS-FALL), Singapore, 19–22 November.Google Scholar