Word Sense Disambiguation in Telugu Language Using Knowledge-Based Approach
- 17 Downloads
In NLP, many languages will have many ambiguous words, and finding the correct meaning of an ambiguous word is known as word sense disambiguation. This research article is to develop a WSD system for regional Telugu language. Word sense disambiguation system can be developed using three approaches; in this work, we are using knowledge-based approach, where the accuracy is more than unsupervised approaches. In regional Telugu language, research work on word sense disambiguation is not up to the mark. In English and Hindi languages, word sense disambiguation systems are developed using all the three approaches.
KeywordsWord sense disambiguation Telugu language Knowledge-based approach NLP
I would like to thank Dr. B. Padamaja Rani for her continuous support. I would like to thank Dr. K. Srinivas Rao for his valuable suggestions. Finally, I would like to extend my thanks to the management of MLR Institute of Technology for providing excellent infrastructure to complete this research work.
- 1.Koppula, Neeraja, and B. Padamaja Rani. 2018. Word Sense Disambiguation Using Knowledge Based Approach in Regional Language. International Journal of Advance Research in Dynamical and Control Systems 10(05).Google Scholar
- 2.Neeraja, B. Padmaja Rani, and Koppula Srinivas Rao. 2015. Hybrid Approaches for Word Sense Disambiguation: A Survey. International Journal of Applied Engineering Research 10(23): 43891–43895.Google Scholar
- 3.Lesk. M. 1986. Automatic sense disambiguation using machine readable dictionaries: How to tell a pine cone from an ice cream cone. In Proceedings of the 5th annual international conference on Systems documentation, SIGDOC ’86, 24–26. New York, NY, USA: ACM.Google Scholar
- 4.Walker, D., and R. Amsler. 1986. The use of machine readable dictionaries in sublanguage analysis. In Analyzing Language in Restricted Domains, eds. Grishman, and Kittredge, 69–83. LEA Press.Google Scholar
- 5.Eneko, A., and G. Rigau. 1996. Word sense disambiguation using conceptual density. In Proceedings of the 16th International Conference on Computational Linguistics (COLING). Denmark, Copenhagen.Google Scholar
- 7.Neeraja, and Dr. B. Padmaja Rani. 2018. Graph based word sense disambiguation for Telugu language. International Journal of Knowledge Based and intelligent Enginering Systems. IOS PressGoogle Scholar
- 8.Mihalcea, Rada. 2007. Knowledge Based Methods for WSD, Springer. e-ISBN 978-1-4020-4809-2.Google Scholar
- 9.M. Ramakrishnamurthy, J.V.R. Murthy, P.V.G.D. Prasad Reddy, Suresh C. Satpathy. A Survey of Cross-Domain Text Categorization Techniques. In International Conference on Recent Advances in Information Technology RAIT-2012, IEEE Xplorer Proceedings, 978-1-4577-0697-4/12.Google Scholar
- 10.M. Ramakrishnamurthy, J.V.R. Murthy, and P.V.G.D. Prasad Reddy, et al. 2014. Automatic Clustering Using Teaching Learning Based Optimization. International Journal of Applied Mathematics 5(8): 1202–1211, Scientific Research Publishing.Google Scholar
- 11.M. Ramakrishnamurthy, J.V.R. Murthy, and P.V.G.D. Prasad Reddy. 2011. Text Document Classification Based on a Least Square Support Vector Machines with Singular Value Decomposition. International Journal of Computer application (IJCA) 27(7): 21–26.Google Scholar