Energy Harvesting Using the Concept of Piezoelectric Tile Using Motors and Wooden Plank
Energy is the source that drives the entire earth. In this era of technological development, the main concern is the need to develop new energy sources so as to meet the needs and demands of the consumers. The most viable and feasible fields after all these years of testing and research have led us to transducers, devices that convert one form of energy to the other. The purpose of this “Energy Harvesting Using the Concept of Piezoelectric Tiles using Motors and Wooden Plank” project is to develop a low-voltage electrical energy based on the concept of green technology. Here using the same concept of tile mechanical vibration energy that results when people walk across the tile (wooden plank) is received by the motors which will generate a small electric energy, this electric energy will be connected to a circuit having a diode as a rectifier and convert an alternating voltage to a direct current voltage. When there is a direct current voltage, this voltage can be stored in the bank of capacitor connected in parallel circuit which acts as a collector of electric energy to be used further.
KeywordsPiezoelectric tile Materials Motor and wooden plank
- 2.LTC-3588-1 Data sheet. http://cds.linear.com/docs/en/datasheet/35881fb.pdf
- 3.Paul, C.: Fundamentals of Electric Circuit Analysis. Wiley. ISBN 0-471-37195-5 (2000)Google Scholar
- 4.The Piezoelectric Effect, PZT application manualGoogle Scholar
- 5.Xu, X., Wei, X., Gao, H., Zhu, J. et al.: Research on Charging Strategy of Lithium-ion Battery. SAE Technical Paper 2015-01-1192 (2015)Google Scholar
- 6.Laughton, M.A.: Power semiconductor devices. In: Electrical Engineer’s Reference Book, pp. 25–27. Newness (2001)Google Scholar