Medical Image Segmentation by Combining Adaptive Artificial Bee Colony and Wavelet Packet Decomposition
Segmentation of MRI images plays a significant and helpful job in anticipation and treatment preliminaries. Be that as it may, the power in homogeneity, sporadic fringes and one of the most exceedingly terrible pieces of the difference may cause incredible challenges in the pieces of the seeping from brain MRI images. Heaps of specialists have made in therapeutic imaging. We proposed the novel technique for image segmentation. Our technique depends on the discrete wavelet packet decomposition and ant colony optimization to reduce the disadvantage of the conventional computations in handling of the surprising shapes in restorative images preparing. To improve the exhibition of our proposed procedure we utilize the artificial bee colony to optimize and classify the feature selected or extracted by the WPD. Results shows that our method perform better to segment the curvy shapes and haemorrhagic areas in MRI images.
KeywordsSegmentation MRI Brain Classification Optimization
This work was supported in part by the National Natural Science Foundation of China under Grant 61632009, in part by the Guangdong Provincial Natural Science Foundation under Grant 2017A030308006, and in part by the High-Level Talents Program of Higher Education in Guangdong Province under Grant 2016ZJ01, and in part by National Natural Science Foundation of China under Grant 61872097.
- 2.Javaid, Q., Arif, M., Talpur, S.: Segmentation and classification of calcification and hemorrhage in the brain using fuzzy C-mean and adaptive neuro-fuzzy inference system. Quaid-e-Awam Univ. Res. J. Eng. Sci. Technol. 15(1), 50–63 (2016)Google Scholar
- 3.Arif, M., Wang, G.: Fast curvelet transform through genetic algorithm for multimodal medical image fusion. Soft Comput. 1–22 (2019). https://doi.org/10.1007/s00500-019-04011-5
- 6.Arif, M., Abdullah, N.A., Phalianakote, S.K., Ramli, N., Elahi, M.: Maximizing information of multimodality brain image fusion using curvelet transform with genetic algorithm. In: 2014 International Conference on Computer Assisted System in Health, pp. 45–51. IEEE (2014)Google Scholar
- 9.Geman, O., Chiuchisan, I., Ungurean, I., Hagan, M., Arif, M.: Ubiquitous healthcare system based on the sensors network and android internet of things gateway. In: 2018 IEEE SmartWorld, Ubiquitous Intelligence & Computing, Advanced & Trusted Computing, Scalable Computing & Communications, Cloud & Big Data Computing, Internet of People and Smart City Innovation (SmartWorld/SCALCOM/UIC/ATC/CBDCom/IOP/SCI), pp. 1390–1395. IEEE (2018)Google Scholar
- 12.Muhammad, A., Guojun, W.: Segmentation of calcification and brain hemorrhage with midline detection. In: 2017 IEEE International Symposium on Parallel and Distributed Processing with Applications and 2017 IEEE International Conference on Ubiquitous Computing and Communications (ISPA/IUCC), pp. 1082–1090. IEEE (2017)Google Scholar
- 13.Javaid, Q., Arif, M., Awan, D., Shah, M.: Efficient facial expression detection by using the Adaptive-Neuro-Fuzzy-Inference-System and the Bezier curve. Sindh Univ. Res. J. SURJ (Sci. Ser.) 48(3), 595–600 (2016)Google Scholar
- 16.Saha, S., Bandyopadhyay, S.: MRI brain image segmentation by fuzzy symmetry based genetic clustering technique. In: 2007 IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation, pp. 4417–4424. IEEE (2007)Google Scholar
- 24.El-Dahshan, E., Salem, A.-B.M., Younis, T.H.: A hybrid technique for automatic MRI brain images classification. Studia Univ. Babes-Bolyai Informatica 54(1), 55–67 (2009)Google Scholar
- 26.Arif, M., Wang, G., Peng, T.: Track me if you can? Query based dual location privacy in VANETs for V2V and V2I. In: 2018 17th IEEE International Conference on Trust, Security and Privacy in Computing and Communications/12th IEEE International Conference on Big Data Science and Engineering (TrustCom/BigDataSE), pp. 1091–1096. IEEE (2018)Google Scholar
- 27.Arif, M., Wang, G., Chen, S.: Deep learning with non-parametric regression model for traffic flow prediction. In: 2018 IEEE 16th International Conference on Dependable, Autonomic and Secure Computing, 16th International Conference on Pervasive Intelligence and Computing, 4th International Conference on Big Data Intelligence and Computing and Cyber Science and Technology Congress (DASC/PiCom/DataCom/CyberSciTech), pp. 681–688. IEEE (2018)Google Scholar
- 28.Arif, M., Wang, G., Bhuiyan, M.Z.A., Wang, T., Chen, J.: A survey on security attacks in VANETs: communication, applications and challenges. Veh. Commun. 19, 100179 (2019)Google Scholar
- 30.Arif, M., Dar, A.R.: Survey on fraud detection techniques using data mining. Int. J. u-and e-Serv. Sci. Technol. 8(3), 165–170 (2015)Google Scholar