Spatial Clustering with Sequential CH Selection for Energy-Efficient WSN
There are various clustering algorithms (Arora et al. in Optik 127:6590–6600, 2016, ) already in existence serving toward reducing the redundancy of data and in effect facilitating a better utility of the energy in the system. Our proposed algorithm works on spatial clustering technique for cluster formation and since the sensed data is assumed to be of the same type, and hence, we have adopted a rotation system of cluster head selection. In effect, we see a drastic improvement in the lifetime of the network. Further, the introduction of re-clustering after the death of 50% of the wireless sensor nodes adds regional coalition coverage stability to the wireless sensor network.
KeywordsWSN Network lifetime Clusters Coalition
- 3.Frank C, Aslam N (2011) Analysis of LEACH energy parameters. Elsevier, Science Direct pp 933–938Google Scholar
- 4.Poellabauer C, Dargie W (2010) Fundamentals of WSNs: theory and practice. WileyGoogle Scholar
- 5.Chen H, Yuan J (2009) The optimized clustering technique based on spatial-correlation in WSNs. YC-ICT’09. IEEE Youth Conf IEEE-09Google Scholar
- 10.Tamilarasi N (2016) Extension of network lifetime using fuzzy c-means model and cluster hierarchy concept. IJRTER 2(8) [ISSN: P2455-1457]Google Scholar
- 11.Sheikh AA, Pete DJ (2018) Spatial correlation and centroid based clustering in WSN. Int Conf Comput Commun Control Autom. 978-1-5386-5257-2/18/$31.00©2018 IEEEGoogle Scholar