Leafycube: A Novel Hypercube Derivative for Parallel Systems
The current paper attempts to design a hypercube-based newly derived interconnection network topology called Leafycube (LC). The Leafycube is observed to possess improved network topological parameters, namely node degree, packing density, diameter, average node distance, cost, number of edges, bisection width, in comparison to other contemporary networks. The aim of the proposed work is to improve network size and degree while keeping diameter the same or as low as possible with respect to the original structure, lower average node distance, message traffic density. The extra nodes may be used for load balancing.
KeywordsHC Degree Diameter Cost
- 1.L.N. Bhuyan, D.P. Agrawal, Performance of multiprocessor interconnection network. IEEE Comput. (1989)Google Scholar
- 6.C.R. Tripathy, Star-cube: a new fault tolerant interconnection topology for massively parallel systems. IE(I) J. ETE Div. 84(2), 83–92 (2004)Google Scholar
- 8.N. Adhiakri, Extended crossed cube: a new fault tolerant interconnection network. Int. J. Eng. Sci. Invent. 6(9), 60–70 (Special issue Sept 2017)Google Scholar
- 9.N Adhiakri, On scalability of parallel interconnection network topologies, in Proceedings of International Conference on Applications of Computing and Communication Technologies, 10 Mar 2018. Book Chapter: Applications of Computing and Communication Technologies, pp. 130–138Google Scholar
- 10.N Adhiakri, On extension of star based parallel interconnection networks, in Proceedings of ACCN2018, 8th International Conference on Advances on Computers, Computing and Networks, 24–25 May 2018, Paris, France, pp. 1–5Google Scholar