A Low-Cost IoT-Based Solution for an Integrated Farming Optimization in Nazi BONI University
- 38 Downloads
An IoT-based solution for the improvement of the yield in a system of production in which one associates vegetal and animal productions is related in this paper. We deployed a sensor network at the Research on Soil Fertility Laboratory (LERF) and at the Aquaculture and Aquatic Biodiversity Research Unit (UR-ABAQ) of Nazi BONI University. Through this network, we are able to check in real time and continue the pH, the dissolved oxygen and the water temperature of a hatchery of the UR-ABAQ. Also the soil moisture of banana, papaya, and maize is constantly checked, respectively, at UR-ABAQ and LERF sites. A weather station has been deployed to monitor the weather of these research units’ site. The equipment deployed is energy-efficient because of its solar panel and has a LoRa radio antenna for communication. The data collected is stored into a cloud platform by two gateways connected to the Internet via 3G MoDem and equipped with a LoRa antenna.
KeywordsIoT Cloud platform LoRa technology
We thank WAZIUP project which permitted to make this work.
- 1.Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. http://www.fao.org/conservation-agriculture/en/
- 2.Semtech, What is LoRa? https://www.semtech.com/lora/what-is-lora
- 3.Pham, C: A DIY low-cost LoRa gateway. http://cpham.perso.univ-pau.fr/LORA/RPIgateway.html
- 4.Pham, C: Low-cost LoRa IoT device: a step-by-step tutorial. https://raw.githubusercontent.com/CongducPham/tutorials/master/Low-cost-LoRa-IoT-step-by-step.pdf
- 5.Pham, C: Low-cost LoRa gateway:a step-by-step tutorial. https://raw.githubusercontent.com/CongducPham/tutorials/master/Low-cost-LoRa-IoT-step-by-step.pdf