Enhanced Oil Production in the lower Miocene reservoir by Multistage Fracturing, Offshore Viet Nam
- 22 Downloads
Oil production has been declined in the fractured basement reservoir from these fields of the Cuu Long Basin as those reservoir pressures were highly decreased. To produce oil, those reservoirs from these fields have been stimulated by using various techniques for enhanced oil production. Water injection at secondary recovery to maintain the reservoir pressure has been flooded because this technique has still brought high efficiently oil production, but the high-water cut has been very challenged while producing oil from the reservoirs. The most efficient way to recover oil in the Cuu Long basin is to stimulate the lower Miocene reservoir by hydraulic fracturing. This study presents the effective multi-stage hydraulic fracturing in the lower Miocene reservoir for single X well of the Cuu Long basin on the continental shelf offshore Viet Nam. The calculated results of multistage fracturing show that the average effective wellbore radius, average pseudo-skin, average productivity ratio, fracture conductivity are higher than those of the blanket and un-stimulated case. The integrated model of multistage fracturing consists of fracture geometry, fracture parameters, conductivity and production model.
KeywordsMulti-stage fracturing Lower Miocene reservoir effective hydraulic fracturing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ngoc T.B. Nguyen, Cuong T.Q. Dang, Wisup Bae, Taemoon Chung.: Integrating Geological Characterization and Historical Production Analysis to Optimize Field Management of Lower Miocene Reservoir in the White Tiger Field, Vietnam. 137045-PA SPE Journal (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Peter Valkó, Michael J.Economides.: Hydraulic fracture mechanics. John Wiley & Sons, Chichester, England (1995)Google Scholar
- 6.Cinco-Ley, H. and Samaniego, V.J.: Transient Pressure analysis for fractured wells”, Gas TIPS (Fall), pp.347 (1974)Google Scholar
- 7.Haiqing Yu and M.M.Rahman.: Pinpoint Multistage Fracturing of Tight Gas Sands-An Integrated Model with Constraints. SPE 152439, SPE Middle East Unconventional Gas Conference and Exhibition held in Abu Dhabi, UAE (2012)Google Scholar
- 8.BJ-PVDrilling JV Company Ltd.: Fracturing report summary (2011)Google Scholar
- 9.BJ.: Hydraulic fracturing post job report for wells (2010)Google Scholar
- 10.Schechter, R. S.: Oil Well Stimulation. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice Hall (1992)Google Scholar