The Impact of Subject Diversity on Taxi Transportation System
- 18 Downloads
In order to analyze the impact of different driver types and passenger types on the taxi transportation system, a simulation method is applied to reproduce the process of driver and passenger matching in the taxi market. According to the driver’s decision-making way, drivers were divided into three types: searching for the closest passenger in sight, searching for the most profitable passenger per hour by taxi-hailing app, searching for the closest passenger by taxi-hailing app. According to passenger travel characteristics, passengers are classified into ordinary passengers, congested passengers, short-distance passengers and marginal passengers. Formulate passenger taxi generation, passenger disappearance, driver decision, taxi parade, taxi pick-up passengers on board, taxi to transport passenger rules. Select passenger’s waiting time, driver’s search time, driver’s income, taxi’s empty rate, taxi’s status, number of specific passengers disappeared, ratio of disappeared passengers’ number to total disappeared number as evaluation indexes. Research shows that different types of drivers and passengers will have different impacts on the taxi transportation system. Using taxi-hailing app can help improve the taxi transportation system. Searching for the closest passenger by taxi-hailing app mode can improve passenger’s actual load efficiency while ensuring the driver’s income. It will not screen and eliminate special passengers and improve the fairness of passenger travel. Therefore, it is recommended drivers search for the closest passenger by taxi-hailing app.
KeywordsTaxi transportation system Traffic simulation Decision-making method Passenger characteristics Search radius
The work is supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 71771013, 51338008, 71621001, 71501011), and the Center of Cooperative Innovation for Beijing Metropolitan Transportation.
- 3.Yang H, Ye M, Wilson HT (2005) Regulating taxi services in the presence of congestion externality. Transp Res Part A 39(1):17–40Google Scholar
- 6.Cao Y, Luo X (2016) Equilibrium model of urban taxi service network with the influence of taxi-hailing applications. J Transp Syst Eng Inf Technol 16(02):70–76Google Scholar
- 7.Cao Y, Li YJ, Luo X (2018) Simulation of taxi passenger travel mode considering the influence of online booking taxi. J Syst Simul 30(02):505–512Google Scholar
- 8.Du W, Gan HC, Liu BQ (2016) Simulation model for taxi service market equipped with taxi-calling apps. J Transp Syst Eng Inf Technol 16(05):90–96Google Scholar
- 9.Yuan C, Wu Q, Wei D, Wu D (2014) Optimal modeling and equilibrium mechanism of taxi market with consideration of service refusal. China J Highw Transp 27(6):91–97Google Scholar
- 10.Yin Y, Yang X (2016) The impact of emerging taxi taking apps on market equilibrium in China. J Dalian Univ Technol 37(2):65–70Google Scholar