Visualization of Spatio-Temporal Traffic Performance in Urban Road Network Based on Grid Model
- 14 Downloads
Traffic congestion monitoring is a very important problem in big cities. This paper describes a novel computation way of traffic performance index in urban road network. Floating car data are used in the extraction of traffic attributes. In addition, we use the grid model to reconstruct the road network and present the visualization approach of spatio-temporal traffic performance based on it. We take the 5th ring area of Beijing as a case area. The case results indicate that traffic performance is worse in the PM than in the AM. Moreover, it is worse in the north and middle area than in the south area. This method efficiently distinguish the congestion’s area and time of the urban road network. It is much helpful with traffic managers in city traffic management.
KeywordsFloating car data Delay Speed Index Traffic management
This work is financially supported by National Natural Science Foundation (91746201, 71621001) and Postgraduate Innovation Project (2019YJS081).
- 1.Beijing Traffic Management Bureau (2019) Budget information of public security and traffic administration of Beijing Public Security Bureau. http://jtgl.beijing.gov.cn/jgj/czyjs/98326/index.html
- 2.Brockfeld E, Lorkowski S, Mieth P, Wagner P (2007, June) Benefits and limits of recent floating car data technology–an evaluation study. In: 11th WCTR Conference, Berkeley, USAGoogle Scholar
- 3.De Fabritiis C, Ragona R, Valenti G (2008, October) Traffic estimation and prediction based on real time floating car data. In: 2008 11th international IEEE conference on intelligent transportation systems. IEEE, New York, pp 197–203Google Scholar
- 4.Demiryurek U, Pan B, Banaei-Kashani F, Shahabi C (2009, November) Towards modeling the traffic data on road networks. In: Proceedings of the second international workshop on computational transportation science. ACM, New York, pp 13–18Google Scholar
- 7.Highway Capacity Manual (2010) Transportation Research Board of the National Academies, Washington, D.C.Google Scholar
- 13.Liu X, Sun D, Chang Y, Peng Z (2010, August) Traffic status evaluation based on fuzzy clustering and RBF neural network. In: 2010 seventh international conference on fuzzy systems and knowledge discovery, vol. 3. IEEE, New York, pp 1405–1408Google Scholar
- 14.Pongpaibool P, Tangamchit P, Noodwong K (2007, October) Evaluation of road traffic congestion using fuzzy techniques. In: TENCON 2007–2007 IEEE Region 10 conference. IEEE, New York, pp 1–4Google Scholar