Review on Implementation of Fingerprint Verification System Using Image Inpainting
Biometric attendance system has become more popular over the conventional system due to its various advantages. Fingerprint verification system is one of the promising methods installed in various organizations for attendance purpose. Usage of image inpainting technique in fingerprint verification improves the performance of fingerprint verification system. This paper highlights on some image inpainting techniques useful in fingerprint verification system. This paper also focuses on motivation to use image inpainting in fingerprint verification system. The fingerprint verification system is proposed where image inpainting algorithm shall be used to improve the performance of fingerprint verification system.
KeywordsFingerprint Minutiae Ridge Pores Image inpainting
- 1.Agrawal P, Kapoor R, Agrawal A (2014) A Hybrid partial fingerprint matching algorithm for estimation of equal error rate. In: Proceedings of ICACCCT 2014, ISBN No. 978-1-4799-3914-5/14/$31.00 ©2014 IEEE pp 1295–1299Google Scholar
- 6.Guillemot C, Le Meur O (2014) Image inpainting. IEEE Signal Process Mag, pp 127–144Google Scholar
- 10.Carola-Bibiane (2009) Modern PDE techniques for image inpainting. Ph.D. thesis submitted to DAMTP Centre for mathematical sciences, University of Cambridge [online] available: http://www.damtp.cam.ac.uk/user/cbs31/Publications_files/thesis.pdf
- 16.Ruži´c T, Pižurica A (2015) Context-aware patch-based image inpainting using markov random field modeling. IEEE Trans Image Process 24(1) pp 444–456Google Scholar
- 17.Awati AS, Deshpande SP, Belagal PY, Patil M (2017) Digital image inpainting using modified Kriging algorithm. In: Proceedings of 2nd international conference for convergence in technology (I2CT) available online at IEEExplore pp 945–950Google Scholar