Research on Optimization Method of LEACH Routing Protocol
In view of the problem of cluster head selection in traditional LEACH protocol, this paper considers the residual energy of node, distance from base station, density of surrounding node and so on, and puts forward the method of selecting cluster head by secondary competition law. Then, a simple optimization of intra-cluster communication is made, and the improved I-Leach algorithm is obtained. Through MATLAB simulation it is verified that the improved algorithm can effectively improve the network life cycle.
KeywordsSecondary competition law Wireless sensor network Network life cycle I-LEACH
Fund projects: The National Natural Science Fund 61640014; Science and Technology Plan Project of Guizhou province 2302.
- 1.Heinzelman, W., Chandrakasan, A., Balakr Ishnan, H.: Energy efficient communication protocol for wireless microsensor networks. In: Proceedings of the 33rd Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, pp. 3005–3014 (2000)Google Scholar
- 4.Hosseinirada, S.M., Ali Mohammadib, M., Basua, S.K., Pouyanb, A.A.: LEACH routing algorithm optimization through imperialist approach. IJE Trans. A: Basics 27(1) (January 2014)Google Scholar
- 7.Qiao, Y., Li, X.Y., Zhao, T.: Analysis of typical military application of small satellite technology. Foreign Electron. Meas. Technol. 36(3), 47–50 (2017)Google Scholar
- 8.Zhu, Y.H., Ding, E.N.J., Hu, Y.J.: PSO optimization energy balanced routing algorithm of WSNs. Chin. J. Sci. Instrum. 36(1), 78–86 (2015)Google Scholar
- 11.Wu, L., Du, J., Nie, L., et al.: Cluster head selection method using dynamic k value for wireless sensor network. J. Huazhong Univ. Sci. Technol. (Natural Science Edition) 43(10), 37–41 (2015)Google Scholar
- 12.Huang, T., Yi, K., Gui, G., et al.: Hierarchical routing protocol based on non-uniform clustering for wireless sensor network. J. Comput. Appl. 36(1), 66–71 (2016)Google Scholar
- 13.Li, A., Chen, G.: An improved clustering routing algorithm for energy heterogeneous wireless sensor networks. Chin. J. Sens. Actuators 30(11), 1712–1718 (2017)Google Scholar