A 3-D Deployment and Coverage Algorithm for Aircraft Cargo
Cargo environment safety plays an important role in civil aviation. It is a huge threat if an emergency event happens, for example, a fire breaks out on a plane. An accurate alarm of fires can help the crew tackle with it in time and avoid larger property loss. However, there exists false fire alarms during a flight which usually leads to unexpected landing. Using Wireless Sensor Network (WSN) for fire monitoring can remarkably decrease false alarms. This paper proposes a WSN deployment and coverage strategy in aircraft cargo so that every place is under at least one sensor’s monitor to avoid ignoring any possible fire source in order to help improve the accuracy of fire alarm. The simulation results demonstrate that our algorithm can successfully deploy a WSN with 100% coverage rate, which is usually called k-coverage when k = 1.
KeywordsArtificial Bee Colony algorithm 3-D coordinates Cargo
This work was supported by the Civil Aviation Science and Technology Project (MHRD20150220), the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities-Civil Aviation University of China (3122017003) and the Scientific Research Foundation for the Returned Overseas Chinese Scholars, State Education Ministry.
- 1.CAAC Issues Statistical Bulletin of Civil Aviation Industry Development in 2018. http://www.caac.gov.cn/en/XWZX/201905/t20190524_196356.html
- 2.Fire Alarm Incident on a China Southern Airlines Flight Successfully Handled. http://www.caac.gov.cn/en/XWZX/201712/t20171208_47933.html
- 3.Wang, R., Wang, X.Y., Sun, H., Huang, Y.T., Chen, Z.Q.: Analysis of estimator and energy consumption with multiple faults over the distributed integrated WSN. Int. J. Model. Ident. Control (2019)Google Scholar
- 4.Notay, J.K., Safdar, G.A.: A wireless sensor network based structural health monitoring system for an airplane. In: 17th International Conference on Automation and Computing, pp. 240–245. IEEE Press, Huddersfield (2011)Google Scholar
- 5.Kumar, M., Gupta, V.: A review paper on sensor deployment techniques for target coverage in wireless sensor networks. In: 2016 International Conference on Control, Instrumentation, Communication and Computational Technologies, pp. 452–456. IEEE Press, Kumaracoil (2016)Google Scholar
- 6.Udgata, S.K., Sabat, S.L., Mini, S.: Sensor deployment in irregular terrain using Artificial Bee Colony algorithm. In: 2009 World Congress on Nature & Biologically Inspired Computing, pp. 1309–1314. IEEE Press, Coimbatore (2009)Google Scholar
- 7.Yuan, H.: Wireless sensor nodes deployment based on improved swarm optimization algorithm. Appl. Res. Comput. 27, 2704–2705+2708 (2010)Google Scholar
- 9.Sun, Z.L.: Research of coverage strategy in three-dimensional environment for wireless sensor networks. Master, Dalian University of Technology, (2013)Google Scholar
- 10.Yu, W.J.: Research on Artificial Bee Colony based Deployment Problem in Wireless Sensor Network. University of Electronic Science and Technology of China, Doctor (2018)Google Scholar
- 12.Code for design of automatic fire alarm system. http://www.mohurd.gov.cn/wjfb/201509/t20150911_224820.html