Current-Phase Synthesis of Linear Antenna Arrays Using Particle Swarm Optimization Variants
In this work, the problem of low sidelobe phased array synthesis is taken up, and variants of particle swarm optimization (PSO), like Grey PSO and Novel PSO, are adopted for dealing with this problem. For simplicity, periodic linear array geometries are considered. Effect of position regulation and inertia control strategies on the convergence of PSO variants is studied in this regard. Results reflect the impacts of position regulation and inertia control strategies on the convergence of the algorithms for the problem instance considered. Without the influence of position regulation Grey PSO and Novel PSO have been able to suppress interference levels for a 20-element linear array to \(-21.31\) and \(-31.23\) dB, respectively. Under the influence of the position regulation, their respective values got improved to \(-27.90\) and \(-43.35\) dB.
- 2.Dolph CL (1946) A current distribution for broadside linear arrays which optimizes the relationship between beamwidth and sidelobe level. In: Proceedings of IRE waves and electronsGoogle Scholar
- 4.Taylor TT (1953) One parameter family of line-sources producing modifed \(sin (\pi u)/\pi u\) patterns. Hughes Aircraft Co. Tech. Mem, 324, Culver City, Calif., Contract AF 19(604)-262-F-14Google Scholar
- 9.Roy B, Sen AK (2018) Meta-heuristic technique to solve resource-constrained project scheduling problem. In: Proceedings of international conference on innovative computing and communications, vol 2. Lecture notes in networks and systems, vol 56, pp 93–99Google Scholar
- 10.Kumar S, Nayyar A, Kumari R (2018) Arrhenius artificial bee colony algorithm. In: Proceedings of international conference on innovative computing and communications , vol 2. Lecture notes in networks and systems, vol 56, pp 187–195Google Scholar
- 12.Chakravorty P, Mandal D (2015) Role of boundary dynamics in improving efficiency of particle swarm optimization on antenna problems (invited paper). In: 2015 IEEE symposium series on computational intelligence, Cape Town, South Africa, pp 628–634 (2015)Google Scholar