Performance Analysis of Mechanical Rotary System Using Linear Quadratic Regulator Controller
This study explains about the SIMO plant statistics of observer-based control to a rotational electro-mechanical system. A robust linear quadratic regulator controller is proposed here, in this study, to observe all the states after recognizing the linear model. The unknown states were determined by the method and for the tuning of the weighted matrices various methods were applied. This full state feedback controller was able to produce faster and smoother output stabilization, which leads to better robustness. The model is highly nonlinear, and model identification is done by MATLAB simulation procedure.
KeywordsInverted pendulum Observer Arithmetic Riccati equation State feedback Linear quadratic regulator
The authors want to acknowledge Mr. Abaniswar Chakraborty of NIT Agartala for his help to perform the experimental validations.
- 2.Kafetzis I, Moysis L (2017) Inverted pendulum a system with innumerable applications. In: 9th international week dedicated to maths, Thessaloniki, GreeceGoogle Scholar
- 3.Sen MA, Kalyoncu M (2016) Optimal tuning of a LQR controller for an inverted pendulum using the bees algorithm. J Autom Control Eng 4(5)Google Scholar
- 4.Vinodh Kumar E, Jerome J, Srikanth K (2014) Algebraic approach for selecting the weighting matrices of linear quadratic regulator. In: 2014 international conference on green computing communication and electrical engineering (ICGCCEE)Google Scholar
- 5.Ogata K (2015) Modern control engineering, 5th edn. Prentice HallGoogle Scholar
- 7.Harrison R (2003) Asymptotically optimal stabilizing quadratic control of an inverted pendulum. IEEE Proc Control Theory Appl 50Google Scholar
- 8.Mariano SJ, Pombo JA, Calado MRA, Ferreira LFM (2012) A procedure to specify the weighting matrices for an optimal load-frequency controller. Turk J Elect Eng Comput Sci 20(3). https://doi.org/10.3906/elk-1003-413
- 9.Li S, Yang J, Chen W-H, Chen X (2012) Generalized extended state observer based control for systems with mismatched uncertainties. IEEE Trans Ind ElectronGoogle Scholar
- 10.Friedland B (1986) Control system design. McGraw HillGoogle Scholar
- 11.Lungu M (2012) The estimation of an aircraft motions by using the Bass-Gura full-order observer. In: ICATE, Craiova, pp 1–5. https://doi.org/10.1109/icate.2012.6403455