Eigenvalue Problems of Structural Dynamics Using ANN
In general, dynamic analysis of a structure may lead to an eigenvalue problem. Accordingly, a novel mechanism for solving the corresponding eigenvalue problem has been proposed using Artificial Neural Network (ANN). In order to validate the ANN procedure, a few example problems, such as vibration analysis of a spring–mass system and a multistory shear building, have been examined. Further, inverse problem, viz., the stiffness of the spring–mass system problem with known mass has also been investigated with the help of ANN. Finally, the results obtained from the example problem for inverse problem have also been compared with the existing results in a special case.
KeywordsEigenvalue problem Dynamic problem Artificial Neural Network (ANN)
- 5.Hang T, Yang G, Yu B, Liang X, Tang Y (2013, Dec) Neural network based algorithm for generalized eigenvalue problem. In: 2013 international conference on information science and cloud computing companion (ISCC-C). IEEE, pp 446–451Google Scholar
- 11.Zhou Z, Chen L, Wan L (2009, June) Neural network algorithm for solving system of linear equations. In: International conference on computational intelligence and natural computing, vol. 2. IEEE, pp 7–10Google Scholar
- 13.Mall S, Chakraverty S (2018) Artificial neural networks for engineers and scientists: solving ordinary differential equations. CRC PressGoogle Scholar
- 14.Chakraverty S (2008) Vibration of plates. CRC pressGoogle Scholar
- 15.Bhat RB, Chakraverty S (2004) Numerical analysis in engineering. Alpha Science Int’l LtdGoogle Scholar