Finite Difference Solution of Diffusion Equation Describing the Flow of Radon Through Soil with Uncertain Parameters
In this paper, an imprecise radon diffusion transport through soil is investigated. As few such researchers have already studied Radon diffusion problems with crisp parameters. Due to various factors, there is a chance of impreciseness to occur in the involved parameters of the model while doing the experiment. So handling a differential equation with imprecise parameters is a challenging task. Accordingly, a second-order radon diffusion equation with imprecise parameters considered as intervals has been studied here. The solution of the considered diffusion equation is modeled by using modified Explicit Finite Difference Method (EFDM) along with parametric concept and for the validation, results are compared with the crisp solutions.
KeywordsRadon Diffusion Radiation Parameters Crisp imprecise Interval.
The authors are very much thankful for the support and funding given by Board of Research in Nuclear Sciences (BRNS), Mumbai, India.
- 2.Ames WF (2014) Numerical methods for partial differential equations. Academic PressGoogle Scholar
- 3.Langtangen HP (1999) Computational partial differential equations: numerical methods and Diffpack programming, vol 1. SpringerGoogle Scholar
- 5.Parandin N (2012) Numerical solution of fuzzy differential equations of nth order by Runge Kutta method. Neural Comput Appl 47–355Google Scholar
- 8.Ren T (2001) Source, level and control of indoor radon. Radiat Prot 21(5):291–297Google Scholar
- 11.Albarracin D, Font Ll, Amgarou K, Domingo C, Fernandez F, Baixeras C (2002) Effect of soil parameters on radon entry into a building by means of the TRANSRAD numerical model. Radiat Prot Dosim 102(4):359–363Google Scholar
- 19.Dimbylow PJ, Wilkinson P (1985) The numerical solution of the diffusion equation describing the flow of radon through cracks in a concrete slab. Radiat Prot Dosim 11(4):229–236Google Scholar
- 22.Nayak S, Chakraverty S (2015) Numerical solution of uncertain neutron diffusion equation for imprecisely defined homogeneous triangular bare reactor. In: Sadhana—academy proceedings in engineering science (Accepted)Google Scholar
- 23.Chakraverty S, Nayak S (2015) Fuzzy finite element analysis of multi-group neutron diffusion equation with imprecise parameters. Int J Nucl Energy Sci Technol 9(1)Google Scholar
- 25.Moore RE, Baker Kearfott, R, Cloud MJ (2009) Introduction to interval analysis. SiamGoogle Scholar
- 26.Alefeld G, Herzberger J (2012) Introduction to interval computation. Academic PressGoogle Scholar