Design of a Miniaturized Reflectionless Bandpass Filter with High Selectivity for 5G Network
- 33 Downloads
In this paper, a reflectionless bandpass filter is designed in order to improve the stop-band attenuation of the bandpass filter and prevent the stop-band signal from being reflected back to the system, reducing the Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) of the system as well as improving the Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) and reliability of the system. The design equation of it is given as well, which can be applied to design reflectionless bandpass filter of any frequency. In this paper, the design equation is used to design a reflectionless bandpass filter for the 5G New Radio (NR) n77 band, using a thin-film Integrated Passive Device (IPD) process and Through Silicon Vias (TSV) process on a high-resistance silicon substrate. With 3 dimensional (3D) modeling performed in High-Frequency Structure Simulator (HFSS) software, a simulation result with a center frequency of 3.78 GHz, an insertion loss of 1.33 dB, a 3 dB bandwidth of 1.11 GHz, an insertion loss of 18.7 dB at twice the frequency, and a return loss of the stopband of 11 dB or less is obtained. The size of the model is 1 mm × 1 mm. The correctness of the design equation and the reflectionless properties of the bandpass filter are verified by 3D electromagnetic field simulation experiments.
KeywordsReliability Reflectionless bandpass filter 5G network IPD TSV
This work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 61564005).
- 1.Shin KR, Eilert K. Compact low cost 5G NR n78 band pass filter with silicon IPD technology. In: IEEE 2018 IEEE 19th wireless and microwave technology conference (WAMICON) (2018.4.9–2018.4.10)]. Sand Key, FL, USA;2018. pp. 1–3.Google Scholar
- 3.Khalaj-Amirhosseini M, Taskhiri MM. Twofold reflectionless filters of inverse-Chebyshev response with arbitrary attenuation. IEEE Trans Microw Theory Tech. 2017:1–5.Google Scholar
- 4.Lee TH, Lee B, Lee J. First-order reflectionless lumped-element lowpass filter (LPF) and band-pass filter (BPF) design. In: 2016 IEEE MTT-S international microwave symposium (IMS). IEEE;2016. pp. 1–4.Google Scholar
- 5.Guilabert A. The design of low reflection filters by drop-insert configuration (2018).Google Scholar
- 6.Psychogiou D, Simpson DJ, Gómez-García R. Input-reflectionless acoustic-wave-lumped-element resonator-based bandpass filters. In: 2018 IEEE/MTT-S international microwave symposium-IMS. IEEE;2018. pp. 852–855.Google Scholar
- 10.Hagag MF, Abdelfattah M, Peroulis D. Balanced octave-tunable absorptive band-stop filter. In: 2018 IEEE 19th wireless and microwave technology conference (WAMICON). IEEE;2018. pp. 1–4.Google Scholar
- 11.Chieh JCS, Rowland J. A fully tunable C-band reflectionless band-stop filter using L-resonators. In: 2016 46th European microwave conference (EuMC). IEEE;2016. pp. 131–133.Google Scholar
- 13.Morgan MA. Reflectionless filters. Norwood, MA, USA: Artech House;2017, p. 59.Google Scholar