Grid Integration of Solar PV System
This paper introduces a simulation of three-phase grid-connected solar photovoltaic system. The objective of this paper is to represent a grid synchronization strategy by using the current control method. The focus is to design an inverter control topology which will enable inverter to synchronize with the grid. The theoretical concept of the grid synchronization is described in detail here. The MATLAB simulation results for grid integration of solar PV system agrees with the theoretical concept.
KeywordsPhase-locked loop (PLL) Maximum power point tracking (MPPT) Park transmission Clarke transmission Voltage source control (VSC)
Authors would like to express their gratitude to Royal Academy of Engineering (RAE), Parul University (PU), Larsen & Toubro (L&T), and University of Surrey as this research paper is out of research work carried out as part of Industry Defined Research Project entitled “Green Refrigeration Systems Using Solar Energy” funded by Royal Academy of Engineering, UK under Newton Bhabha Fund under the Higher Education Partnership—India Program.
- 1.Magdam P, Joshi PN, Yadav S (2017) Simulation of three-phase grid tie inverter. In: IEEE 2nd international conference for convergence in technology (IZCT)Google Scholar
- 2.Abdalrahman A, Zekry A, Alshazly A (2012) Simulation and Implementation of grid-connected inverters. Int J Comput ApplGoogle Scholar
- 3.Beena V, Jayuraju M, Sebis Davis K (2018) Active and reactive power control of signal phase transformerless grid-connected inverter for distributed generation system. Int J Appl Eng ResGoogle Scholar
- 4.Hsieh G-C, Hung JC (1996) Phase locked loop techniques- a survey. In: IEEE Transactions of Industrial ElectronicsGoogle Scholar
- 5.Sunny AC, Das B, Kasari PR, Sarkar A, Bhattacharya S, Chakrabarty A (2016) SVPWM based decoupled control of active and reactive power for single stage grid connected solar PV system. In: IEEE 7th power india international conference (PIICON) 2016Google Scholar
- 6.Gonzalez M, Cardenas V, Pazos F (2004) DQ transformation development for single-phase system to compensate harmonic distortion and reactive power. In: 9th IEEE international power electronic congressGoogle Scholar
- 7.Ahmed AS, Abdullah BA, Abdelaal WGA (2017) MPPT algorithm performance and evolution. In: 11th international conference on computer engineering system (ICCES) IEEE, 19th January 2017Google Scholar
- 8.Gomathi B, Sivakami P (2016) An incremental conductance algorithm based solar maximum power point tracking system. Int J Electr EngGoogle Scholar
- 9.Altin N, Ozdemir S, Komurcugil H, Sefa I, Biricik S (2018) Two-stage grid-connected inverter for PV systems. In: IEEE 12th international conference on compatibility, power electronics and power engineeringGoogle Scholar
- 10.Biricik1 S, Komurcugil H, Basu M (2016) Photovoltaic supplied grid-tie three-phase inverter with active power injection and reactive harmonic current compensation capability. In: IECON - 42nd annual conference of the IEEE industrial electronics society 2016Google Scholar