Nonlinear System Modelling Using Programmable Hardware for Soft Computing Applications
The performance of a system depends on the performance of its components, and the component’s performance depends on the effectiveness of the function performed by it. The logarithmic function is one of the most commonly used functions in the communication world. Lately, the implementation of logarithmic function is done using BJTs and MOSFETs in their weak inversion layer, but still, there is a scope for the improvement in the parameters like power, cost, speed, area and complexity. In this paper, the design for implementation of logarithmic function is proposed, and this is done by the use of three basic mathematical operations: (i) differentiation (ii) division and (iii) integration. Here, all the circuits performing such basic operations are being designed using OTA so that it can handle different arbitrary signals in a systematic manner in order to reduce the complexity of the system. Simulations of all the circuits have been done using SPECTRE.
KeywordsOTA Logarithmic function Differentiation Division Integration
- 1.Saravanakumar, O.M., Kaleeswari, N., Rajendran, K.: Design and analysis of two-stage operational transconductance amplifier (OTA) using cadence tool. 5462 NCICT Special Issue (2011)Google Scholar
- 2.Bhanja, M.: Student Member, “OTA-based logarithmic circuit for arbitrary input signal and its application. In: IEEE, and Baidya Nath Ray IEEE (2012)Google Scholar
- 6.Al-Tamini, K.M., Al-Absi, M.A.: A 6.13 μW and 96 dB CMOS exponential generator. IEEE (2014)Google Scholar
- 7.Gutierrez, R., Valls, J.: Low cost hardware implementation of logarithm approximation. IEEE (2011)Google Scholar
- 10.Bhanja, M., Ghosh, K., Ray, B.: Implementation of nth order polynomial and its applications. IEEE ICIEV, Dhaka, Bangladesh, pp. 166–171 (2012)Google Scholar