Squeeze Film in a Ferrofluid Lubricated Rough Conical Plates: Comparison of Porous Structures
Present article is a comparison of the effects of porous structures on a Ferro fluid-based squeeze film in rough porous conical plates. The globular sphere model of Kozeny—Carman and capillary fissures model due to Irmay for porous structure have been considered for the investigation. The model of Christensen and Tonder has been imposed to calculate the effect of roughness. The distribution of pressure in the bearing is got by solving the concern equation of Reynolds’. Obtained results show that increasing values of the magnetization parameter result in increased load-carrying capacity. The effect of transverse roughness has been established to be adverse for both the structures. However, this effect is sharper for Irmay’s model. Besides, the contrary effect of porosity and roughness can be reduced by the positive effect of magnetization at least in the case of globular sphere model due to Kozeny—Carman. The semi-vertical angle of the cone also provides support in minimizes the poor effect of negatively skewed roughness. This article offers the suggestion that the Kozeny—Carman model may be preferred as related to the model proposed by Irmay.
KeywordsConical plates Magnetic fluid Porous structure Roughness Squeeze film
Constructive suggestions and positive remarks by the reviewers for the improvement of the presentation and quality of this research article are acknowledged with regards.
- 4.Deheri, G.M., Patel, R.M., Abhangi, N.D.: Magnetic fluid-based squeeze film behavior between transversely rough curved annular plates. Ind. Lubr. Tribol. (2011)Google Scholar
- 10.Andharia, P.I., Deheri, G.M.: Performance of magnetic fluid based squeeze fil between longitudinally rough elliptical plates. ISRN Tribology, Article ID 482604, 6 p (2013)Google Scholar
- 11.Patel, J.R., Deheri, G.M.: Shliomis model based magnetic fluid lubrication of a squeeze film in rotating rough curved circular plates. Caribb. J. Sci. Technol. 1, 138–150 (2013)Google Scholar
- 12.Patel, J.R., Deheri, G.M.: Theoretical study of Shliomis model based magnetic squeeze film in rough curved annular plates with assorted porous structures. FME Transaction (2014)Google Scholar
- 13.Christensen, H., Tonder, K.: Tribology of rough surfaces. Stochastic models of hydrodynamic lubrication. SINTEF, Section for Machine Dynamics in Tribology, Technical University of Norway, Trondheim, Norway, Report No.10/69-18(1969a)Google Scholar
- 14.Christensen, H., Tonder, K.: Tribology of rough surfaces, parametric study and comparison of lubrication models. SINTEF, Section for Machine Dynamics in Tribology, Technical University of Norway, Trondheim, Norway, Report No.22/69-18(1969b)Google Scholar
- 15.Christensen, H., Tonder, K.: The hydrodynamic lubrication of rough bearing surfaces of finite width. ASME-ASLE Lubrication conference Cincinnati, Ohio, October 12–15, Lub-7 (1970)Google Scholar
- 16.Liu, Jun: Analysis of a porous elastic sheet damper with a magnetic fluid. J. Tribol. 131, 0218011–0218015 (2009)Google Scholar
- 17.Irmay, S.: Flow of liquid through cracked media. Bull. Res. Counc., Isr., 5A(1), 84 (1955)Google Scholar